We are supporting the UK's leading suppliers of bovine genetics and operates the UK's largest bull stud. The award-winning company brings innovation to breeding and offers a complete range of solutions to deliver improvement on farms. The company has developed a global presence exporting services and products to more than 60 countries.
With a workforce of over 160 professional team members and substantial investment the company is well placed for substantial UK and International business growth.
Being a people orientated, the company understands that investing in their people is what makes them successful. They are a forward-thinking company that listens to and values its people.
Would you like an interesting long-term opportunity?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Dairy Herd Mating Evaluator. The role will suit an individual who has a proven track record of providing a high-quality herd mating service, with the ability to deliver on advising farmers on pioneering genetics to achieve their individual goals.
So, what will the role of Dairy Herd Mating Evaluator be?
Being part of a dynamic team, you will report to the Regional Sales Manager in your area. It will be your responsibility to provide a first-class advisory service to dairy and beef farmers on the portfolio of products and services to achieve improvements to the customers’ herd.
* To run an efficient service utilising the pedigree mating service where possible
* To Build effective relationships with customers to deliver a service that meets their breeding requirements
* Provide support across departments in delivering a professional service to new and existing customers
* To manage and update the supporting IT database
* To provide detailed action reports to customers and sales staff
* Take responsibility for all record keeping and herd reports
* Manage your own diary and accommodate customer and sales staff requests where possible
* Continuously develop and improve the working practices of both you and your team
What will I need to be considered for this Dairy Herd Mating Evaluator vacancy?
* Excellent knowledge of pedigree and commercial dairy cattle breeding
* Demonstrate a good understanding of cattle physiology
* An ability to build and maintain strong relationships, both internally and externally
* Have excellent knowledge and experience of MS office packages
* Be prepared to travel to carry out your role
* Full clean driving license
What will I receive in return?
* You will be joining a reputable business with a friendly culture where you'll be able to apply your expertise and skills, be encouraged and supported to further develop your career
* Salary: Competitive
* Enhanced Benefits:
* Annual leave entitlement starting at 21 days, up to 25 days following 2 years’ service, plus bank holidays
* Matching Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance (4 times basic salary)
* Long Service Awards at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 30 years
* Employee Discounts
If you would like to apply for this position please click apply and we will be in contact to discuss the role with you
- Job Location
- United Kingdom