Job TitleEngineering Team Lead - Sage ID
AdvertPeople make Sage great. From our colleagues delivering ground-breaking solutions to the customers who use them: people have helped us grow for more than thirty years, and people are driving our future as a great SaaS company. We’re writing our next chapter. Be part of it!
Experience has taught us that when our customers thrive, we thrive. As a team, we always start with what customers need. Through the good… and more challenging times. Innovating at pace so customers can manage their finances, operations and people. Every one of us shapes our culture at Sage - doing what’s right and succeeding together, united by our commitment to each other. We encourage each other to grow in our roles, in our careers and as individuals.
Follow us on our social media sites below to join in conversations about career tips, open positions and company news! #lifeatsage #sagecareers. If you would like support with your application (or require any adjustments) please contact us at [email protected]
for assistance. All qualified applicants will be thoughtfully considered and never discriminated against based on their race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job DescriptionWant to work on key strategic services that keep our customers safe?
Want to gain security skills and knowledge?
Why not come join one of the 2021 Best places to work?
Are you someone with an interest in security? Do you like the challenge of troubleshooting complex situations? Are you someone who likes to know what’s going on ‘under the hood’?
If so, we believe that you’ll really enjoy leading a small team working on Sage’s strategic Identity solution- Sage ID.
You’d to be part of a wider team of highly talented and knowledgeable Developers, QAs and Architects. There will plenty of opportunities to learn on the job, whilst leading on interesting, not your ‘run of the mill’ projects.
The primary purpose of the Team Lead is to manage the Software Engineers within their team, this includes managing their goals and being the technical guide for the team.
Sage ID is a highly secure service, and as such and there is an expectation that the team lead will lead by example, and act as a champion for security within the team.
They also lead on creating and building maintainable, reliable software that adheres the design specifications, in accordance with the project plan, and meets performance and quality standards.
They are also responsible for system design, team estimation and building the capabilities of less experienced developers through coaching and mentoring
Key ResponsibilitiesKey Responsibilities
• Performs maintenance, support & enhancements of existing systems.
• Influences and drives team adherence to development processes and creation/maintenances of technical documentations and guides
• Partakes and drives participation in Agile processes, leading agile ceremonies where needed
• Analyses, architects and develops new products/features in a maintainable high quality way.
• Actively writes codes, conducts code reviews, and unit testing
• Coaches and mentors other developers
• Owns technical relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensures good communication and escalation practices are adhered to.
• Contributes to the wider team development practices to aid continual improvement across the field.
• Performs line management of a team of developers including 1-2-1, performance management etc
• Assist adopting teams by dealing with their queries and answering coding forum questions. This requires a diverse knowledge of tech stacks and significant troubleshooting skills.