Global Head of Digital Optimisation & Delivery, Theme Parks and Resorts
Location - Basingstoke / Poole
A job with Merlin isn’t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don’t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles. In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests’ experiences are the best they can be.
Due to continuing growth and development of Merlin’s attractions on a global scale, we are looking for a Global Head of Digital Optimisation & Delivery, Theme Parks and Resorts to join our global Digital Team. This role can be based at either our Poole HQ or Basingstoke hub with flexibility for some home working.
Reporting into the Global Digital Director, Theme Parks & Resorts, you will be responsible for optimising and delivering improvements to Merlin’s digital estate which includes the £300m+ online eCommerce channels and the digital guest experience for 15+ global theme parks, resorts and hotels, (LEGOLAND Parks & Resort Theme Parks).
You will support with the long-term digital strategy development and define and deliver on the short and medium-term digital product roadmap of improvements to platforms. You will need to work collaboratively with eCommerce Managers and technical development teams to maximize brand experience, sales conversion, transactions and yields.
Key responsibilities include…
- Regularly review and manage the performance of digital platforms and products, ensuring conversions and customer experience KPIs are realised.
- Support with the development and shaping of Merlin’s long-term digital strategy.
- Working with stakeholders that include Revenue Management, Analysts, IT teams and CX agency, take the lead to define & prioritise the short and medium-term digital development roadmap for our digital platforms to optimise conversion, yield and guest experience.
- Manage delivery of the development roadmap, action plans and initiatives in a timely manner and on budget.
- Be the source of expertise; train and develop local attraction-based eCommerce teams in defining best-in-class conversion optimization, merchandising, AB testing, industry best practice, new initiatives, etc.
- Take the lead on AB testing programs within booking platforms, and support E-commerce Management teams to conduct pilots and tests to optimize sales conversion, product campaigns, product/package design, user engagement, etc.
- Manage regular monitoring of all digital platforms for reliability and performance, addressing fixes and delivering remedial action where necessary.
- Diligently manage our platform and agency partners to ensure they deliver on KPI’s and work to a culture of continuous improvement and work smart and agile in their delivery.
- Ensure the digital platforms are accurately tagged for analytics and measurable insights.
- Consult, influence, or lead merchandising decisions to optimize sales and conversion.
- Consult, influence, test, or co-create package design to optimize sales and conversion.
- Regularly review competitors and industry to understand best-in-class digital practices.
- Budget Management.
We are looking at the following skills and experience…
- A technical expert with commercial mindset, you will have a proven track record of delivering quality digital improvements, enabling business capability and objectives through technology.
- Substantial digital technology and data experience ideally on a global, multi-country level with specialist understanding of eCommerce and guest journey optimization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work across multiple teams to get things done and deliver results (including creativity in solving roadblocks).
- Experience in working in large organisations but with an agile approach to development, test and learn.
- Excellent technical understanding and experience in data, eCommerce tools, metrics and conversion optimization tools, systems, platforms and reporting.
- Excellent communication, leadership skills, stakeholder management and collaboration skills.
- Trained to a high level using digital analytics and performance measuring tools (Google Analytics).
- Performance driven – highly numerate and commercially minded.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- A Can do attitude
- Good knowledge of digital industry and mobile/web product development.
- Knowledge of Leisure / multi-site retail sector experience preferred but not essential.
We’re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects – ideal if you’re already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include Pension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days’ holiday and, of course, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters!
Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.