An opportunity has arisen for a Minute Taker / Administrator to provide confidential note taking, word processing and data entry.
The post holder will provide administrative support which will include word processing and minute taking such as consultation meetings, collate and analyse information for reports and maintain accurate records, interpreting data and drafting content for use by others. They will use strong communication skills to liaise with colleagues and relay issues and queries promptly where necessary.
* This role will involve dealing with some highly sensitive information. As an example, you will provide administrative support in taking notes and typing confidential Children's services meeting notes and reports in both draft and finalised form for scrutiny and to despatch once approved. It will be a requirement to methodically record the despatch of meeting notes and to acknowledge and signpost enquiries to the Head of Administration and Business Support.
Location – Willenhall.
* To participate in the taking of notes at confidential Children's services meetings under the direction of the Head of Administration and Business Support.
* To participate in the arrangements for consultation meetings including scheduling; typing and telephoning invitations to participants as directed by the Head of Administration and Business Support.
* To carry out other administration/typing/note-taking duties as required by the Head of Administration and Business Support.
* To monitor and track mailbox emails to ensure that these are acknowledged, recorded, information is collated, and responses are drafted promptly and actioned within defined timescales.
* Typing correspondence and mail merging letters.
* To prioritise tasks and exercise a degree of self-management of workload.
* To take responsibility for assigned tasks/duties, ensuring that work is appropriately prioritised and carried out to the required high standard within specified timescales to meet required deadlines.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a confident and professional approach to working with colleagues, both internally and externally; excellent verbal and listening skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Have excellent communication, time management and organisational skills.
* A good knowledge of English to include spelling and grammar.
* To be able to recognise and capture the main points of a meeting and type simultaneously whilst listening to the speaker.
* Maintain professional boundaries and respect confidentiality and data protection requirements.
* Be hard-working, capable and confident and able to work on your own initiative.
* Have excellent interpersonal skills; empathy, diplomacy and sensitivity.
* Experience of mail merging letters
* Experience of taking and writing accurate and clear minutes of meetings.
* Intermediate level utilising Microsoft Office in particular Office 365 and Teams.
* Demonstrable ability to use the Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Job Location
- West Midlands
- United Kingdom