Senior HR Data Analyst
Location: Poole / Basingstoke
A job with Merlin isn t like a job anywhere else. With attractions around the world, from rollercoasters to wax figures, we don t trade in suits, handshakes or briefcases. We trade in fun. In smiles, shrieks and spine-tingles.
In Memories. In magic. But there are no tricks behind our magic. Instead, there are people like you. Passionate, dedicated people who are committed to making sure our worldwide attractions and guests experiences are the best they can be.
Due to continuing growth and development of Merlin s attractions and brands on a global scale, we are looking for a highly motivated Senior HR Data Analyst to join our Global HR team, based at either our Poole Head Office or our Basingstoke office. salary for this role is up to £60,000 per annum + Merlin benefits.
Reporting into our Group Reward Director and managing an HR Data Analyst, you will work with the wider HR teams taking the lead in ensuring streamlined, accurate analysis of core HR data to provide efficient reporting of all our key people data. This will be delivered to the business through targeted HR metrics to enable key internal stakeholders to make key business decisions at an operating level. The role will work on a wide range of reward projects throughout the year to support the Group Reward Director and the wider business.
Key objectives include
- Lead in the compilation, structure, and analysis of all core HR data to make conclusions that help streamline HR processes.
- Responsible for taking the HR lead in supporting the delivery of the core data module of our HR People Portal system including the responsibility for ensuring all HR teams maintain accurate data and that reporting is efficient and in line with business requirements.
- Ongoing improvement of core data systems and processes ensuring continuous solutions driven mindset that works to improve processes at every opportunity.
- Perform financial modelling in all areas of core data and reward data and be able to offer recommendations / options to the business off the back of this analysis.
- Apply knowledge in quantitative analysis for measurement and tracking of key HR data metrics to help inform, influence, support, and execute executive level decision-making as well as day-to-day decision making at Attraction level.
- Deliver monthly tracking to the Executive on changes in headcount, grades and salaries, as well as working closely with finance to report on employment cost management.
We are looking for the following skills and experience...
- Prior experience within a data focused role.
- In depth advanced Excel and data analysis skills combined with the ability to make insightful recommendations on what the data shows.
- A strong focus on data integrity and accuracy.
- Excel skills include pivot tables, vlookups, creating formulas, managing large data sets for analytics, etc.Macros would be an advantage.
- Attention to detail and the ability to present data in a manner which is clear and easy to understand.
- Desire to grow and progress in line with the changing demands of the business.
- Ability to work with challenging and disparate data sources.
- Proven skills in developing and managing relationships with HR teams and senior management.
- Resilience, flexibility and energy to be effective in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Global mind-set and experience in working for a global company is preferred (including managing different time zones).
- Bachelor s degree desired in Human Resources, Finance or related field.
We re growing fast and alongside a fun and friendly environment, we offer a fabulous package and amazing prospects ideal if you re already fantastic and can quickly become even better (our magic can help here). Benefits include Pension, Life Assurance, discretionary company bonus, 25 days holiday and, of course, a Merlin Magic Pass which gives you and your friends and family free admission to all of our attractions worldwide, as well as 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants and 40% discount on LEGO.
Here at Merlin Entertainments we are proud to have a diverse workforce, and we re all about providing equal opportunities to the whole team. Because of this we are committed to an active all together programme which starts with our recruitment and selection process.
- Company Name
- Merlin Entertainment
- Job Location
- South West
- United Kingdom