SENIOR GEOENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEER / ENGINEERING GEOLOGIST
Our client are looking to recruit a Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer to work at their head office in Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire. Suitable applicants will be able to demonstrate a land quality assessment technical background with experience of investigation and interpretation on brownfield regeneration projects.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE (but not limited to):
• The design, supervision, and management of site investigations including costing and procuring work from sub-contractors.
• Necessary site attendance to undertake ground investigation and assessment.
• Line Management and mentoring of less experienced technical staff.
• Interpretative reporting (geotechnical and environmental).
• Risk Assessments - GQRA (Human Health, Controlled Waters, Ground Gas etc.).
• Supervision of foundations, earthworks, remediation, and validation works.
• Preparation of Health & Safety Documentation and assistance in the collation of all project related health and safety information.
• Site meetings and acting as a point of contact for clients.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum qualification of a Degree in one of the Earth Sciences.
• At least 5 years relevant experience of contaminated land assessment, geotechnical investigation and foundation design is essential.
• Willingness to work away from home and/or unsociable hours from time to time. • Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal / team working skills, with a good working relationship at all levels of the organisation, clients and contractors.
• Able to deal with and preferably enjoy the challenge of rapidly changing circumstances and requests from clients.
• Ability to log soil and rock in accordance with the current British Standards.
• Understanding of relevant regulatory guidance.
• Experience in the use of Holebase, CAD, QGIS, and Geo5 an advantage (training can be provided)
• First Aid, Asbestos Awareness and CSCS qualifications are essential (can be gained through them)
• Member of the Geological Society (or similar) and considering becoming Chartered.
• Full UK Driving License essential.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate their right to work in the UK. In return our client offer a unique working environment, career progression, 4 x annual salary Life Insurance, 4-6% matched pension, payment of a professional membership, 34 days annual leave, and payment of approved overtime. Salary range £28,000 - £36,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Company Name
- Henry Gunn
- Job Location
- West Midlands
- United Kingdom