Located in the village centre of Easton, in a dominant roadside position The Cricketers Inn is hard to miss. Easton is located just a few miles from the beautiful city of Winchester. With lots of walkers and cyclists touring the area in addition to the locals and contractors staying on the letting bedrooms there is plenty of potential trade.
On entering the pub through the pavement entrance you have 2 bars one for coffee and reception for the letting rooms and one for beer and drinks. To the left you have a small dining and drinking area with TV and access to the toilets, perfect for drinkers and locals and to the right you have further dining and drinking areas, a great open fire and access to the other entrance which takes you out on to the small garden terrace that can seat 16.
There is a full catering kitchen to enable a good pub food offering to locals and tourists alike, food plays an important role for this pub, and village life.
The site has 3 ensuite letting rooms, with excellent facilities and décor, very well known in the area and full a lot of the time.
There are three entrances to the pub, the rear has an entrance that takes you direct to the letting bedrooms, it also has a main entrance through the patio garden area and one on the pavement. When all the hanging baskets and boxes are in bloom, the site looks stunning.
Décor is in excellent condition, and the bar has an exceptional retail space to promote the wet offer.
The Pillar agreement gives the support needed in terms of not only promotional support, but also Marston’s pay for heating, lighting and water for the premises, for a business telephone line, Broadband,EPOS and monthly stock checks.
Marston’s are also responsible for internal and external repairs and decoration (except private living
accommodation and any outbuildings). Marston's supply all of the wet products, including snacks and confectionery leaving you to choose your own food offer.
Great village location
Great starter pub
Beautiful well looked after pub with traditional feel
3 ensuite letting rooms
The Cricketers would suit a real community builder who is passionate about being involved in the community and delivering a traditional village pub with letting rooms for the village and for those visiting the area.
You can have the best of both worlds with our new and exciting Pillar Agreement. Support is key for this turnover-share agreement which shares the risk and the opportunities between both parties, creating a partnership and focus to give your guests a first-class experience. We share the net sales and some of the cost base – building a deal that gives both parties a solid base to build and grow a profitable business.
• The option to leave your old life behind and be your own boss
• Live rent-free in the pub
• Marston’s will pay your utilities for you – lighting, heating and water
• Between us we will agree the wet product range to support your food offer.
• You retain an agreed percentage of all income streams (net of VAT) and have full control over your food offer and accommodation (where applicable)
• Low ingoing costs
• Marston’s will take responsibility for all repairs and decoration both internal and external, (except the private residential accommodation).
• No service charge applies to this agreement
• Have your Broadband, cutting-edge EPOS system and online booking tools (where appropriate) supplied by Marston’s
• Fixtures and fittings would be owned by Marston’s
• Keep 50% of the profits from any gaming machines
• Offer the award-winning range of fantastic Marston’s beers, wines, spirits and minerals
• Have your drinks stock supplied and paid for by Marston’s
• Expert induction training plus on-going training and support from your dedicated Business Development Manager and support teams
Things to consider
You’ll need to put in a £5k deposit, plus legal fees and monies to cover your insuring obligations under the agreement (except building insurance, which we’ll pay for and recharge to you). You will also be responsible for payment of a service charge (for services provided by Marston’s). Also, you’ll want to start thinking about your team; taking care of paying them and all other employment matters. We’re on-hand to offer guidance as you plan your business overheads, like business rates (and your own residential Council Tax).
Before we all sign the agreement and see you heading into a whole new life, you will need to show us proof that you have taken independent financial advice from a suitably qualified accountant on your business plan and professional advice from a solicitor, in accordance with the requirements of the Pubs Code Regulations. And, of course, obtain your personal licence (which we’ll help with) and complete your induction training.
This is a five-year commitment, so you have plenty of time to build a successful business. However, if you do want to leave early, there is a break option in the agreement which entitles you to give six months’ notice to terminate.
- Company Name
- Job Location
- North West
- United Kingdom