We are looking for a talented data analyst with a passion for delivering accurate, consistent and meaningful data and analysis that enables data-driven strategy and decisions.
You will be part of a team of analysts with the Research Team of the Business Intelligence Service at Cambridgeshire County Council, which provides information and insight for the Council and wider partners to serve the population of Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Our Senior Analysts are responsible to the Research Team Manager and are expected to lead on significant areas of research work. This role will support our Skills, Economy, Transport and Environment work area, working with our transport and education data. Training and support will be given, with the role providing opportunities to learn with and from others. Successful applicants can expect to further develop knowledge and expertise in other work areas of public policy including Community Safety, Population Forecasting, and Project Evaluation.
We are seeking someone who has the skills to analyse, manipulate and combine different datasets, with the role being suited to someone with a track record in data analysis and generating insight from a variety of datasets.
As a Senior Analyst you will:
- Have proven ability in analysing and interpreting complex datasets to draw out insight
- Be confident in being able to present findings to a wider range of audiences
- Be able to visualise data in reports and dashboards (PowerBi is preferred, but not essential as training can be given), ensuring that analysis is reproducible and conducted transparently
- Have the ability to develop and explain processes to more junior colleagues and to colleagues across the business
- Have a track record in working with senior stakeholders, to understand their requirements and challenge them where necessary
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills
Examples of Accountabilities include:
- Produce regular reports ensuring high quality outputs within agreed timescales
- Support the tracking of metrics to support to committees
- Designing performance indicators and metrics
- Be a point of contact for partners to support with interpreting data reports
- Identify improvement areas for reporting, to maximise impact
- Work across the research team to support wider team objectives around data sharing and governance
- Quality assure the data and analysis provided by Analysts and Junior Analysts within the team
- Establish and maintain a good, professional and pro-active working relationship both internal within the council and externally with partners
We are a family-friendly employer and will be happy to negotiate with you on working arrangements to achieve a good work / life balance. The role is currently available on a permanent basis with the option of flexibility from full-time to a minimum 26 hours per week, with a provision for home working. At present the team is home-working full-time.
For further information about the role, please see attached job description in the 'further information for this job' section below.
For an informal chat about this opportunity, please contact [email protected]
Please note: we expect to hold interviews via Microsoft Teams on Wednesday 30th June 2021.