*****To be considered for this role, candidates need to drive and must be located within a 10 minute drive of Alton, Hampshire*********
The role involves, but not limited to, the construction / decontamination / deconstruction of asbestos enclosures and the removal and disposal of non-licensed asbestos containing materials such as garage roofs, textured coatings (Artex), floor tiles, bitumen adhesives, roof slates, environmental cleans. We carry out removals in domestic dwellings, industrial and commercial buildings and in the private sector such as hospitals.
We would look to start you on a salary of £19,500.00 based on working 40 hour weeks. This will be reviewed at the 6 month stage with the potential of increasing to £20,800.00 based on your performance and training progress. This pay will then be reviewed again based on performance and training at the 12 month stage with the potential of increasing to £22,100.00. The progression after 12 months would be to get you to a position where you could fulfil a Site Supervisors role and have your own trainee operative. In some circumstances you will be asked to work night shifts and weekends (you will always be consulted prior to the works being booked). Your standard 8 hour day does not include 30mins of unpaid lunch and 1 hour of unpaid driving time.
· On a Mon-Fri after a standard 8 hour day (up to 8pm) you hourly pay is increased by 0.83
· Weekend work – is 1.5x standard pay from when you set foot out of your door to when you return home
· Night shift – is 1.83x standard pay from when you set foot out of your door to when you return home. Should you complete a full night shift you will have the following day off as recovery time, paid at your standard rate.
· Sunday Night shift – is 2x standard pay from when you set foot out of your door to when you return home. Should you complete a full night shift you will have the following day off as recovery time, paid at your standard rate.
You will receive 20 holiday days + Bank holidays per annum. The company usually takes around 3 holiday days from the 20 accrued over the year for the Christmas break (this is optional).
Below details some of the training/qualifications you will receive under our employment
· Face fitting for mask
· Medical surveillance every 2-3 years
· Notifiable Non-Licenced Works (NNLW) qualification
· Confined space training
Please note that the above details are a brief overview of what we are offering and in no way do they form part of the employment contract. The contract will be issued should you be successful in getting the job after the completing the interview stage. If you are currently employed please detail how much notice you need to serve.
Reference ID: Trainee Asbestos Removal Operative
Remote interview process
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place
Standard Covid precautions
- Company Name
- SLR Environmental Ltd
- Job Location
- South East
- United Kingdom