Account Team - Senior Software Engineer - Frontend
At MATCHESFASHION we are on a mission to offer the most personal luxury shopping experience in the world. We are renowned and respected for the relationships we build with clients and our brand partnerships. To achieve our ambition, we capitalise on our unique combination of technical savviness and global innovation mixed with curated content.
We bring together a modern edit of over 700 established and new generation designers. Founded over 30 years ago as a brick and mortar store, we transitioned online in 2012. In 2017, APAX Partners acquired a majority stake in MATCHESFASHION, fuelling our expansion. We now ship to 176 countries, have over 70 million site visits and 95% of our sales are online with the majority of sales made internationally.
We have a global website, mobile apps, retail stores, private shopping, VIP events and 24/7 customer care and MyStylist teams. We have offices in the UK and Hong Kong. In London, our head office is based in The Shard, our brand-new creative hub is in Here East and last year we launched No.5 Carlos Place, a completely new retail concept combining digital and physical interaction.
We lead the way, moving our industry forward, and we are always looking for talented individuals to come in and inspire the world with us.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority for MATCHESFASHION – we delight customers around the world and so it’s important that our team represents our customers.
We want to attract the very best talent and create an inclusive environment that celebrates the diversity of our people and enables them to do the best work of their careers. We recognise the world is not a perfect place and that bias exists, which is why we take a focused approach in this area and are committed to ensuring that all our people processes are equitable.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status or disability status.
As a senior front-end software engineer, you'll be working in a cross-functional team of seven to eight software and test automation engineers. You will play a key role in delivering high-quality software to our customers and internal stakeholders. We are looking for a resilient self-starter with a curious mind, who leads by example, believes in good software craftsmanship, and thrives in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Active involvement in the development of high quality and responsive web front-ends
- Work collaboratively in a team of around seven to eight engineers
- Define and implement good engineering patterns and practices
- Help foster an agile engineering culture
- Adopt good engineering patterns and practices
- Compile and maintain good quality documentation
- Provide support to other engineering teams in the business
- Collaborate with the other engineering leads to define cross-platform solutions
- Collaborate with product managers and internal business stakeholders to define requirements and plans
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in technology
Key Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in front-end web development
- Excellent knowledge and experience of responsive design
- Good knowledge and experience of test automation
- Some knowledge and experience of full stack NodeJS development
- Good stakeholder management experience
- Good communication skills
- Experience mentoring other engineers
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job