About Costello Medical
Costello Medical is a rapidly growing global healthcare agency specialising in medical communications, market access and health economic and outcomes research. We work with a wide range of clients, including the industry’s most successful pharmaceutical and medical technology companies, patient and public health bodies and charitable organisations. Our lasting client partnerships create a direct and measurable impact on the successful launch of novel therapies and devices across a wide range of disease areas. Our vision is to be a community of the very best people, constantly challenging ourselves to make meaningful and outstanding contributions to improving healthcare.
We are committed to our company values which are central to creating our fun, friendly and innovative workplace in which we strive to deliver the highest standards of quality. As a result, we have been listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For list for four consecutive years.
About the Role
We are looking for an apprentice to join our friendly Operations division and contribute to our collective efforts to ensure the successful running of our rapidly growing business.
As an Administration Apprentice you will provide essential and ad-hoc personal assistant support to several members of our senior team, helping them with a range of administrative tasks, including diary management, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, arranging travel and organising events. During this apprenticeship you will also complete tasks and projects in support of the wider Scientific divisions and different teams within the Operations division, such as Recruitment and Facilities, among others. This could see you organising a company social or working with the recruitment team to find our next great hire. After the apprenticeship you will therefore be equipped with a well-rounded experience in business administration, in addition to an accredited qualification.
The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Business Administrator qualification, which usually takes 18 months to complete. Following completion of the apprenticeship there is the possibility of a permanent position with the option of further study.
Your initial key responsibilities will include:
- Diary management
- Scheduling meetings and organising logistics for meetings
- Collating agendas, attending meetings and minute taking
- Responding to, drafting and filing emails
- Document management including printing and filing documents for signature
- Drafting documents and presentations as well as reviewing documents for accuracy
- Copying scientific details between different document types
- Answering telephones and taking messages
- Making purchases and processing expenses
- Responding to personal administrative tasks
- Other ad-hoc tasks in support of the rest of the Operations division and Scientific teams
You will be given close support and mentorship from your colleagues in the Operations division as well as structured and ongoing training on all tasks. You will attend training as dictated by the course requirements.
You will be hard-working, motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Most importantly, you will enjoy making a positive difference to the working lives of the managers you support, which will include striving to reduce their administrative burden.
You should be proactive and eager to take on new challenges and begin your career in business administration.
To be successful in this apprenticeship, you will need:
- Good written English
- Organisational skills and the ability to plan your time to meet deadlines
- An interest in business administration
- Flexibility to respond to different tasks
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to maintain discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- A starting salary of between £13,000 to £14,000
- Full funding and study leave to complete the Level 3 Business Administrator qualification
- 25 days holiday per annum in addition to bank holidays
- 4% employer pension contributions and a salary-exchange-for-pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and a cover letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical. Your CV should clearly state dates of all relevant degrees and grades achieved where applicable.
Please contact the recruitment team at if you have any questions about the role or application process.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job