We are nDreams, an award-winning independent developer and publisher, delivering world-leading interactive VR experiences. Our new VR projects are a leap forward for the studio and we are looking for talented people to help turn them into a reality.
We've just launched our latest title Phantom: Covert Ops, a stealth action game redefined for virtual reality, and we couldn't be more proud of what the team have achieved. Once you've seen what we're up to next, we're convinced you'll want to be involved...
We're looking for a self-driven Animation Programmer to work collaboratively with our Art and Engineering teams, designing and implementing skeletal animation systems for high fidelity characters, vehicles and props.
The successful candidate should understand real time animation systems (preferably in UE4), have a practical understanding of node graphs, animation blueprints, animation trees and other animation related engine and editor technologies. Strong communicative skills, both visual and verbal plus a keen technical aptitude towards new software and real-time animation are key to this role.
If you are an enthusiastic coder of realistic, interactive animation systems, we'd love for you to join our team as Animation Programmer!
What Will You Be Doing?
- Working closely with the design department to ideate, plan, implement and balance core animation systems for locomotion, combat, vehicles or props.
- Writing stable, readable and modular C++ code that makes best use of Unreal Engine and its game framework.
- Liaising with AI coders to resolve dependencies and interface between animation and AI systems.
- Communicating technical designs for animation systems to code and design leads.
- Collaborating with production to estimate timescales for feature implementation and issue resolution.
- Creating test environments to help animators and others quickly test or review animation quality outside of game systems when necessary.
- Coordinating with animators and other members on the team to supply animation to correct spec and achieve optimal solutions to problems considering all problem parameters.
- Understanding of Unreal Engine 4 animation and sequencer systems - Demonstrate a deep understanding of UE 4 animation and sequencer systems to meet the requirements of the game, extend the functionality and suggest new approaches.
- C++ programming - Ability to write readable, safe and performant code utilising design patterns and software engineering.
- 3D maths and data structures- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D maths, rendering algorithms and data structures, along with performance-minded development and optimisation skills.
- A knack for making game characters look and feel right - the ability to combine procedural and authored animation, seamless behaviour transitions and audio/visual queues - all in the pursuit of interactive, believable non-player characters.
- Collaborative - An empathetic individual who can collaborate with a multi-discipline team, empowering artists and exchanging ideas/technical plans with the design team.
- Self-learning and mentoring - Someone with a desire to research, learn, and improve their own knowledge, and pass that knowledge on to others.
- Communication skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to communicate your work to both technical and non-technical people to help them overcome issues.
- Experience in 3D animation systems - Experience with 3D character and/or vehicle animation systems, including skeletal animation and animation graphs
- Proven experience developing high-quality animation systems for published PC, console or mobile titles in a professional team or studio environment.
- Demonstrable understanding of the animation of humanoid characters, including their locomotion and interaction with elements in a game environment (e.g. climbing ladders, picking up objects, conversing with or combat against other characters, etc.).
Bonus If You Have:
- Experience working professionally with Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience working on creature, vehicle and/or weapon animation systems.
- Experience developing Virtual Reality apps for mobile, console or PC.
The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse culture. As part of our growing studio you'll be empowered to explore your ideas and put your own stamp on the titles you work on.
We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days, a day off to celebrate your birthday and various monthly socials (including Breakfast Butty Monday and Free Drink Friday)! Our welcoming, open plan office has some great facilities with a cycle station, showers and more all on site.
The position will be remote working for an initial period and based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we'd love you to get in touch! Drop us your CV via the link below.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job