Assistant Head Teacher - Brays School, Brays Road, Birmingham, B26 1NS (Brays Road Site)
- Location: Birmingham
- Date: 1 week ago
Brays School, Brays Road, Birmingham, B26 1NS
Telephone Number: Email Address:
Job Start Date: 01/09/20
Brays School, a Forward Education Trust School, specialises in the education of primary-aged pupils with a range of diagnosis. The School is split across two sites, one of which caters for those with a diagnosis on the Autistic Spectrum; the other site takes children with a range of physical, learning and sensory difficulties. The School has high standards of teaching and learning and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential. We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Head Teacher to work with on the Sheldon Road site. The successful candidate will be an exemplary teacher who is highly experienced, enthusiastic, and motivated to share in the leadership and management of our school and have a solid understanding of how to work with primary age pupils
with PMLD, PD and SLD needs. Applicants will need to demonstrate recent experience of leading teaching in more than one phase and in a special school environment. The successful person will be expected to lead on elements of the school improvement on the Sheldon site under the leadership of the Head Teacher. All leaders are expected to undertake the designated safeguarding lead qualification to keep our children safe.
We can offer you:
• A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
• The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching.
• A friendly and inclusive working environment
You will offer us:
• Your considerable skill as a good/outstanding teacher who has experience of working with children with complex special needs.
• Your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils and the ability to make a real difference to their learning.
• Your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Your ability to initiate and lead change in a positive way.
If you feel you possess these qualities, are passionate about working alongside pupils with very complex special educational needs and would like to shape their futures at a progressive school, then we would like to hear from you.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job