american golf is Europe's largest golf retailer with 99 stores across the UK and Ireland. As an Assistant Manager working for american golf it's all about loving what you do, delivering the 'personal touch' and 'improving our customer's game'.
What we're looking for:
As an Assistant Manager at american golf you will have the opportunity to combine a progressive career with your interest in golf. You will support the manager to drive sales and KPI's with the team and ensure high standards are achieved in store. Your passion for team management and development and providing the best customer journey, enhancing the customers' game and shopping experience will be at the core of your role as an Assistant Manager.
What to expect:
As an Assistant Manager you will be working 42.5 hours per week, flexibility with your working hours would be required so you are available to support the team during the busiest and key trading times for the Store.
You don't have to play like a pro, but if you can talk with confidence and passion about the game we would love to hear from you!
Your role as an Assistant Manager:
As an Assistant Manager you will work closely with the Store Manager and will deputise in their absence to drive performance with your team whilst coaching and supporting them.
- You will motivate and encourage your team to achieve KPI's through your passion and enthusiasm;
- Assist the Store Manager to ensure all staff are appraised in accordance to company guidelines, conduct 1:1's to drive performance;
- Effectively delegate tasks, encourage individuals to develop and increase their knowledge ensuring a multi skilled team;
- Drive company initiatives and continually reinforce the customer proposition with the team;
- Work with the Store Manager to manage shrinkage in store and deliver stocktake results in line with Company expectations;
- Compliance with and effective execution of retail merchandising principles including, replenishment, barcodes, pricing, POS, housekeeping etc;
- Drive excellent standards of customer service in store through weekly coaching, in line with the sales cycle.
The successful candidate will have previous supervisory or management experience in a retail or sales driven environment and have a real passion for delivering great customer service. You will have an active interest and/or passion for golf and have experience/knowledge of merchandising.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary with commission and bonus earning potential;
- An inclusive management induction programme;
- 29 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) and a holiday purchase scheme;
- An extra day off to celebrate your birthday!;
- Staff discount up to 33%;
- Company incentives;
- Staff uniform.
So, if you want a challenging and rewarding role at the cutting edge of sports retail then click below to apply!
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job