Assistant Quantity Surveyor
**Exciting Career Opportunity - Assistant Quantity Surveyor**
- As a result of our continued growth, we now have a superb new role to join us as an Assistant QS, based from our Middleton depot_
Do you boast a good understanding of the NEC form of contract? Do you possess excellent negotiation and analytical thinking skills? Are persistence and determination on your list of personal attributes? Are you highly motivated and able to adapt quicklyand efficiently to ever-changing situations?
If you are up for a challenge and are hungry to carve out a progressive career, then you can play a key role within Britain’s leading Traffic Management company. This truly is a great time to join us. In return we will offer you a highly competitive salarypackage, relevant training, pension, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata equivalent) and other great additional incentives.
**About our company**:
Established in 1979, Chevron Traffic Management is a leading specialist in the delivery of temporary traffic management across the UK.
The Chevron Group specialise in the delivery of digitally enabled work zone safety solutions across the Highways, Rail, Utilities and Events sectors. We are the largest, most successful organisation in our industry and are renowned for bringing forward innovationand change to benefit our customers and the sectors in which they work. We have grown both through acquisition and organic growth, from a business employing 470 people across 13 sites to a Group now offering 23 operational units and with in excess of 1080employees.
This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation that is resilient, even in todays’ economic environment and one that is rapidly expanding.
**About the role**:
The Assistant Quantity Surveyor role is a key role within the Chevron business, reporting directly to the Commercial Manager. As Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will assist the Commercial Manager in ensuring contract delivery and exceeding the budgetedperformance. The Quantity Surveyor will work closely with, and will assist the Commercial Manager in various tasks.
These will include:
- Managing costs and if necessary, suggesting journal requests
- Preparing revenue reports to facilitate preparation and publication of monthly management accounts
- Monitoring and maintaining data within the Company Inhouse Works Management System
- Creating in-contract pricing, estimates and quotations and following through to final account settlement
- Reviewing monthly management accounts and key performance information, assessing where areas of improvement can be made for margin
- Collating aged debt and cash collection
- Producing reports and providing information in relation to annual budget forecasts to the Senior Leadership Team/ Contract heads
Whilst this role will be predominantly based from our Middleton (Greater Manchester) depot, you will be required to be flexible with travel, as occasional depot and visits to Head office will be required. Hours of work will be 37.5 per week, again a flexibleapproach is imperative. We are also happy to support RICS or ICES membership routes.
A highly motivated individual with strong analytical and numeracy skills, you will possess excellent negotiating skills and boast a sound understanding of the NEC form of Contract. You will be logical, accurate and methodical in the way you work. Good communication,both verbal and written are skills that you are endowed with. You will thrive working on your own initiative and also enjoy being part of a close knit team.
**Qualifications & Skills**:
- Excellent negotiating Skills
- Good understanding of the NEC form of Contract
- Proficient in the use of a PC and the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Confident to work with a IT/Digital system led solution to commercial management
- Understanding of management accounts and financial reporting processes (training given if required)
- Good communicator and team worker. Confidently able to deliver presentations to clients
- Ability to build new and existing relationships with Clients and suppliers
- Full UK Driving Licence, with own transport
- Have a working knowledge of Temporary Traffic Management
- Previous demonstrable, experience in quantity surveying
**_If you think that you are up for the challenge and would like to work for the UK's leading Traffic Management firm, we would love to hear from you today. _
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job