B3 Senior Environmental Planner - IRC84783
Location Edinburgh, Scotland, EH6 6QQ About the job Summary The Scottish Government is progressing a wide reform of Scotland's planning system – of the way planning works, collaborates and makes choices and decisions. Work is ongoing to implement the Planning (Scotland) Act 2019, and to progress wider work programmes, including the delivery of National Planning Framework 4 and the associated Integrated Impact Assessment, including Strategic Environmental Assessment. An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Environmental Planner to join the Spatial Planning, Policy and Environment Team, in the Environmental and Natural Resources Branch. This is a Fixed Term Appointment initially for 6 months. Secondments from other organisations will also be considered. Job description • You will lead in delivering all aspects of Scottish Government Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) screening, scoping, environmental reports and post adoption statements for a wide range of Scottish Government plans, programmes and strategies, ensuring delivery within agreed timescales and to budget
• You will take responsibility for the development and implementation of innovative approaches to SEA in Scotland, promoting a practical and proportionate approach to SEA throughout the Scottish public sector
• You will work flexibly to support the delivery of National Planning Framework 4 and the associated Integrated Impact Assessment
• You will collaborate positively with a wide range of internal government departments, providing advice and briefing as required to support successful delivery of the divisional business plan Responsibilities 1. Extensive professional experience of SEA, including a full working knowledge of SEA legislation in Scotland, and an appreciation of the benefits and difficulties arising and experience in overcoming complexities.
2. Able to demonstrate an understanding of policy making processes and the role of SEA within them.
3. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and in particular proficiency in reporting in a clear and accessible way. Benefits • Learning and development tailored to your role
•An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension Things you need to know Security Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check. Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check. People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks. Selection process details TBCFeedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment. Nationality requirements Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here. Working for the Civil Service The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles. The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria. Apply and further information Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available.
You may want to save a copy for your records. Contact point for applicants Job contact :Name : Cara DavidsonEmail : team :Email : Reference number
Salary £38,541 - £46,599 Grade Senior Executive Officer B3 Contract type Fixed Term Length of employment 6 months Business area Other Type of role Planning Working pattern Full-time Number of posts 1
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job