Building Surveyor - Rochdale
Building Surveyor – Rochdale
Full-Time (37 hours)
Project related and as designated by the Senior Manager & Senior Building Surveyor
Responsibility for the safety and welfare of self and colleagues in accordance with the Health and Safety
To work in accordance with the Authority’s Policy relating to the promotion of Equality and Diversity.
The post holder will be responsible for assisting in the identification and undertaking of his/her own training and development requirements in accordance with the Council’s Performance Management Framework.
1. Production of building drawings, construction design plans, elevation and cross sections using AutoCAD
2. Experience of carrying out comprehensive condition surveys of schools and public building including inputting into the Councils Asset Management Atrium data base or onto a proposed new Asset Management software Technology Forge
3. To provide a fast, efficient and cost effective planned and reactive contract works service including all surveys
4. To provide technical advice/assistance, information and guidance on any issues relating to the definition of client needs and requirements within the function of planned maintenance and contract works. assist in the provision of technical advice, assistance, information and guidance on any issues relating to the definition of client needs and requirements
5. To evaluate the effects of, report on and adjust contract specifications to accommodate any changes in or variations to the needs and requirements of the client
6. To supervise contracts and monitor progress as well as maintain quality control and cost control standards in the implementation of all work relating to planned maintenance and contract works.
7. To provide assistance to the Senior Manager and Senior Building Surveyor with the development and control of work programmes and appropriate performance indicators.
8. To maintain and monitor safe and responsible working methods in accordance with legal requirements, complete Risk assessment s and ensure safe methods of working are in place
9. To liaise with administrative and clerical support staff.
10. To undertake all types of building surveys, including measured surveys, determine maintenance/work/inspection programmes, management programmes and assist in the preparation of comprehensive written reports.
11. To assist in the planning and programming of annual cycles of work, surveys and work programmes including costing of same.
12. To assist in monitoring budgets including those budgets allocated to the post holder.
13. To maintain contact with the Senior Manager and Senior Building Surveyors advising him/her of key issues and problems arise from the management of planned maintenance and contract works.
14. To ensure that good communications are maintained with management and staff, as appropriate, across all Services.
15. To maintain effective and up to date records of works completed and ensure information is recorded in the Council’s and Impact database.
16. To produce professional survey and project management report
17. Drafting Specifications and Estimating
- Preparation of schedules of work following site inspections.
- Preparation of full Tender documents including specifications.
- Estimation of costs of work.
- Taking off from drawings
- Supervision of contractors on site related to their projects.
- Contract administration including issuing of site instructions to contractors for works interim and final payments.
- Reporting to senior staff on performance of contractors.
19. Client/Other Liaison
- Responding to client requirements.
- To deal with complaints from public/others.
20. Management of Contractor Performance/Quality Control
- To ensure high standards of workmanship by contractors.
- To ensure completion of contracts within budget and period allowed.
24 hour one on one specialist consultant based within your geographical area
4Recruitment Services Employee Benefits Programme
Our own dedicated payroll support ensuring you get the full benefits of your payment
Recruitment is done in line with safe recruitment practices. 4Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer.
To discuss this vacancy or other vacancies in your area please contact Max Catherall (phone number removed)
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job