Buildings Maintenance and Improvements Manager (IRC84975E)
Location Edinburgh About the job Summary We are currently seeking applications for a Buildings Maintenance and Improvements Manager within National Records of Scotland based in Edinburgh. This is a permanent and pensionable appointment and new entrants will normally start on the minimum of the pay range. Candidates with a disability who meet the essential criteria below will be invited to the assessments.
National Records of Scotland (NRS) is a non-Ministerial department of the Scottish Government, supporting the Registrar General for Scotland and the Keeper of the Records for Scotland.
As the official Scottish national archive we hold over 800 years of irreplaceable national documents spanning the 12th - 21st centuries touching on virtually every aspect of Scottish life. We are the Scottish official source of demographic statistics and administer the census of Scotland’s population, preparing currently for the next Census in 2021. We produce information about our population, households, migration, vital events (such as births, deaths and marriages), life expectancy and electoral statistics which help inform policy decisions across central and local Government, and the private and third sectors. We make our information as accessible as is reasonably possible and are committed to making more information available over time through digital channels. The post is based in our Corporate Services Directorate.
National Records of Scotland (NRS) collects, preserves and produces information about Scotland's people and history and makes it available to inform current and future generations. This information is collected through a variety of ways including registration of births, death and marriages and Census. Job description • Work with the Buildings Project Manager to develop and manage building projects and budget forecasting.
• Lead and initiate maintenance and improvement projects ensuring compliance with Statutory and Health and Safety legislation.
• Implement best practice in asset management and regular inspections implementing Planned Preventative Maintenance programmes with the FM contractor.
• Work with Buildings Project Manager and external Consultant teams to develop specifications and implement Planned Preventative Maintenance programmes and minor projects
• Work with Buildings Project Manager, FM Contractor and external Consultant teams to ensure compliance with requirements of FM Contract with regard to Building Fabric reactive and planned works across the NRS Estate.
• Work with the Buildings Project Manager to assess, manage and report risks associated with Projects.
• Work with the Buildings Project Manager to prepare financial reporting (including forecasting) of Building Projects and prepare regular monthly updates as required by the Building Project Manager and Estates Finance Manager to plan and record expenditure within agreed budgets.
• Meet regularly with representatives of project teams to plan and follow up projects, take and circulate minutes, and manage project documentation.
• Participate in the out of hours (on call) on a staff rotational basis. An additional allowance is payable for this.
• Work with the Building Project Manager and NRS Procurement on developing specification and tender documentation. Responsibilities 1. A relevant qualification, preferably degree level, in Architecture, Surveying and/or Project Management.
2. Extensive Building Project Management experience in a key leading role preferably involving listed buildings or a similar building portfolio.
3. Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills with experience in using AutoCAD and Project Management software.
4. Experience in project budget planning and financial forecasting, tender/procurement and reporting. Benefits • Learning and development tailored to your role
•An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension Things you need to know Security Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check. Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check. People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks. Medical Successful candidates will be expected to have a medical. Selection process details In recognition of the Scottish Government's ongoing measures and guidance in its response to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), we would like to advise applicants that a decision has been taken that all interviews must be conducted in a virtual/remote setting.
In order to facilitate this new way of working, we are asking all applicants to ensure that they have a suitable space to complete the virtual interview as well as a personal device of choice with an account registered to the 'Zoom' app by which you can undertake the interview/assessment if selected. We are also asking you to ensure that your personal Wi-Fi/Broadband capacity will be sufficient to carry both audio and video feeds to undertake the interview. This will then ensure that there are no issues incurred during the interview.Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment. Nationality requirements Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here. Working for the Civil Service The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles. The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria. Apply and further information Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available.
You may want to save a copy for your records. Contact point for applicants Job contact :Name : Beatrice BryantEmail : team :Email : Reference number
Salary £30,652 - £35,110 Grade Higher Executive Officer B2 Contract type Permanent Business area Other Type of role Other Working pattern Full-time Number of posts 1
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job