Business Development Manager - Healthcare
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and tenacious Business Development Manager to join a well-established, family-run business in Harrogate. You will proactively support taking the company to the next level, by forensically searching out opportunities, relentlessly following up leads, and bringing sales over the line, all in an ethical and energetic way.
You will be proactively supplying into NHS hospitals on a national scale, however with an immediate emphasis on the North. This will be a remote role with the requirement of an office presence each week ensuring you keep up with team engagement and interaction with the sales function.
This role would suit someone with proven experience consulting and selling healthcare solutions into NHS hospitals. Not only being hungry for personal success, but also having an appreciation of the product and those it will help. You will be expected to lift and demonstrate heavy equipment so attention to H&S is paramount.
Key duties and responsibilities...
- Carrying out team meetings, demonstrations, assessments and product deliveries/handovers to specified customer groups with specific products, as detailed in your sales plan by the Sales Director
- Actively seeking out new/extra business and progressing it to the next stage or passing it to the internal sales team
- Preparing and sending quotations whilst on site, including researching pricing with suppliers/manufacturers where bespoke
- Getting sales over the line
- Attending the sales meeting every Friday and sharing successes, educating and driving sales forward in the business
- Carrying out quotation follow ups
- Keeping your inbox clear and actioning and filing emails promptly
- Ensuring you have the required equipment available for each planned visit
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and qualifications...
- Experience selling into the NHS/Healthcare industry
- Self-motivated, driven and forward looking
- Passionate and enthusiastic
- Possess self-confidence, a can do attitude and positive mentality
- Disciplined and highly organised
- Results-orientated and able to work both independently and within team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Manage time effectively to maximize customer contact time
- Develop a sound knowledge of the product ranges supplied including an in depth understanding of the market segments
- Home working facilities available
- Full drivers license (maximum of 6 penalty points)
Hours: 07:30 - 17:00 (Mon-Fri)
- Salary up to £70,000 per annum DOE
- Bonus structure
- Company Van + Fuel card
- 25 days holiday + 8 days BH
- Free on-site parking facilities
- Phone, Laptop
- All expenses payable
UBT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job