Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
Cygnet Hospital Bury provides a wide range of inpatient mental health services for men and women including specialist deaf services and CAMHS provision for adolescents.
As a Chef, you'll play an important part in creating an excellent experience for patients, service users & staff.
- Prepare, cook & serve nutritional, balanced and appetising meals for patients, staff & visitors
- Liaise with nursing colleagues to meet patients' nutritional & dietary needs
- Ensure the cleanliness of the kitchen, service areas & dining room
- Supervise kitchen staff when deputising for the Head Chef
- Maintain personal hygiene to comply with Cygnet standards and food hygiene regulations
- Handle, maintain & store kitchen equipment in accordance with Cygnet procedures
- Use chemicals in line with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) regulations.
- A skilled chef, preferably with experience in the care sector
- The holder of a basic food hygiene certificate, with good personal hygiene standards
- Polite & professional, with a positive attitude to internal & external quests at all times
- An excellent communicator able to liaise with people at all levels
- Able to work on your own initiative, as part of a team & under supervision
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- Strong career progression opportunities
- Expert supervision & support
- Employee referral scheme
- Pension scheme
- "Cycle to work" scheme & employee discount saving
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job