Changing the way people think about waste.
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management
Help us make a difference as Commercial Executive covering the South Midlands Region which encompasses; Milton Keynes, Northampton, Peterborough, St Albans and St Neots.
The Commercial Executive is a new role to the business and will support the Regional Commercial Teams in executing Sales and Account Management within the Region.
A quick look at the role.
The Commercial Executive will support and work very closely with the Regional Business Development Manager Team and the Business Improvement Manager Team with back office processes and administration.
When supporting the Business Improvement Managers, the role will require the Commercial Executive to support the management of SME and Major accounts through the handling of customer queries, requests, and reporting. It will also support the delivery of customer retention, customer growth and overall improved profitability of the portfolio of accounts. The position will also involve support on re-bids and tenders and interact with a number of our internal customers/support teams across the organisation.
When supporting the Business Development Management Team, the role will support with the sales and appointments for the development team, along with sales campaigns, sales admin and tender processes.
The role will be predominantly an admin desk-based role undertaking ART Logs (retention queries), QLS (invoice queries) and managing customer request for reports/data from an account manager perspective.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Working with the new business and account management teams to manage a portfolio of accounts.
- Managing against a range of targets to deliver growth, retention and improved profitability in relation to portfolio accounts.
- Supporting the new business team in delivering their weekly, monthly and quarterly targets.
- Supporting the Regional tender requirements.
- Dealing with queries and complaints from a variety of customers with a view to getting it right first time and keeping abreast of any changes in company policies and procedures, ensuring the correct advice is offered and procedures followed.
- Managing ART logs (Retention logs), QLS logs (Invoice queries) and general customer day to day queries.
- Managing and delivering customer MI reports and support the Regional Commercial Manager with their back-office requirements.
- Effectively using CRM to enter sales leads, customer contact/interactions and record sales activities in line with the quality guidelines for the department.
- Providing admin support and tele-selling for the Business Development Manager Team.
- Working with the Account Management and Operational teams to identify creative and innovative solutions which will reduce churn in line with company targets.
Here’s what we require:
- Strong Commercial background and awareness.
- Previous Back Office sales support, admin or Customer Service is desirable.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate in writing, on a one to one basis and via the phone with all levels including management, team members and internal/external customers.
- Knowledge of the Waste Industry would be ideal.
- Analytical and able to quickly assess issues and recommend and/or implement solutions.
- Experience of building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines in a time critical environment.
- Robust and resilient with the ability to absorb pressure and respond positively.
- Willingness to learn new skills and broaden skillset/experience.
- Computer literate – comfortable using business software and Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths, however A-Levels or a Degree certainly won’t do any harm.
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow.
- Generous pension scheme.
- Medical and dental scheme.
- Retail and leisure discounts.
- Holiday and travel discounts.
- Bike to work scheme
- Plus much more.....
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job