- Category: Engineering
- Location: England London
- Date: 1 week ago
DATA ENGINEER £40,000- 60,000 + BONUS + COMPETITIVE BONUS
Are you looking to join one of the largest retailers, with one of the most visited websites in the UK as a Data Engineer where you will be working on huge data sets in a serverless environment? You will be using the latest technology solutions and have the opportunity to make a real impact within your squad due to a highly collaborative culture.
As one of the largest retailers in the UK with multiple sub-brands you will be working in a data rich environment across a wide variety of projects. You will help deliver solutions to millions of customers across the UK and provide real value both to customers and stakeholders within the business.
You will be joining a team of highly experienced and passionate data engineers and architects to undertake data transformation and solution development. You will be working with a wide range of tools across a mix of Big Data, Cloud and open source platforms.
In specific, you can expect to be involved in the following:
- Use technology such as Spark, Kafka and SQS to build large scale real time and batch data pipelines.
- Help implement cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Program in at least one of the following languages - Java, Scala or Python.
- Work as part of an Agile squad to deliver solutions in a flexible manner.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful Data Engineer will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience in data development in a big data/ Hadoop and cloud data warehouse using SQL or SQL based ETL capabilities.
- Have a deep understanding of the processes, skills and technologies which are needed to deliver complex development solutions for a business.
- Understand and have experience working with a variety of delivery methods, such as Agile, Waterfall and Scrum.
- Experience developing in the cloud with AWS or Snowflake.
- Understand the process of developing data stores and data warehouses and have hands on experience in doing so in a previous role.
- Work in one of the most data rich businesses in the UK.
- Competitive bonus.
- Discount across brands.
- Competitive benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please register your interest by sending your CV to Lillie via the Apply link on this page.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job