Data Engineer (Studio Data Insights)
- Location: Guildford
- Date: 4 days ago
Requisition Date We are EA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global interactive entertainment software company. We build and provide games, content and online services to millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry.The Challenge Ahead
Your role as part of Global Analytics and Insights Technology (GAIT) will be to build last-mile global analytics solutions that depict player evolution year-over-year in titles such as Apex Legends, Battlefield, and Star Wars Battlefront.
You will help build a platform to process petabytes of data into pipelines for user-facing environments and collaboratively compete for the industry-leading data program – all while serving needs of teams on the cutting edge of game development using DevOps methodologies.What a Data Engineer does at EA
- Maintain our core data infrastructure and ETL framework.
- Develop data sets to support reporting and exploratory analytics.
- Develop core tools, frameworks, and our Kubernetes-based platform.
- Assess and recommend available and new big data technologies.
- Contribute to post implementation reviews demonstrating success.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or similar.
- Be fluent in Python and some flavour of SQL.
- Write clean,, re-usable code that can be used to scale applications.
- Have experience with cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP.
- Are comfortable on the command-line and working with servers.
- Built and used CI/CD pipelines in the past - Docker experience is essential.
- Basic knowledge of other languages such as Java, Scala and C#.
- Have used Kubernetes + Helm and other orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow.
- Are comfortable using infra-as-code tools such as Terraform.
- Bring a “If it can be automated, it will be automated” mentality.
- Experience adapting purpose-built applications into cloud and on-premise platforms.
- Spent time throttling multiple systems to achieve target performance for SLAs.
- Understand the physical and logical design of cloud-native database such as Snowflake.
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (5 minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance & dental care
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer & Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games Area
We thought you might also want to know more about our location:EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job