Data Scientists - Entry-Level
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Status: Full-Time
- Date: 1 week ago
You'll be working within the centre of excellence of a hub-and-spoke data science model, the role will involve collaborating with different communities to understand the difficulties they currently face and identify areas for improvement. This will lead you to develop new analytics use cases for the team to deliver. You will be working collaboratively with the data engineering teams and business stakeholders to understand the data we have available and how it can be used to support use case delivery. You will be working within the Agile framework to create machine learning/statistical models using a variety of tools with the aim of delivering implementable solutions for the business.
The data you use will be varied and multi-faceted, and the insights you generate along the way will prove invaluable. We are constantly looking to utilise more varied structured, semi-structured and unstructured data sources to bring additional dimensions and considerations into our analysis, and a key part of your role will be seeking out those sources and spotting opportunities to drive value.
We're looking for Associate Data Scientists to join a team of people passionate about innovating and driving value from data. You'll have the opportunity to create solutions to solve some of the most challenging business problems across the organisation, support data-driven decision making and bring real value. We are aiming to generate actionable machine learning models and intelligent insight.
- Be a fluent communicator
- Have experience using Python/R
- Have experience with databases and SQL
- Have an Undergraduate/Master's degree in maths, statistics, computer science, physics, economics or related field desirable but not essential
- Some knowledge of machine learning models and their working
- Experience interpreting outputs of models and building visualizations to depict your interpretations
- Be innovative, creative and agile, developing and championing new ideas, spotting opportunities, and learning fast along the way.
- Experience of productionising models would be beneficial
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job