Company Overview: Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Electrician I withsuccessful and progressive experience in Working in a team environment. This isan entry level electrical position. Electrician I will be expected to performbasic electrical task or assist higher level electricians with electricalmaintenance, repairs and installation to the building power system, buildinglighting system, exterior lighting system, illuminated signage, airfieldlighting systems and emergency power systems.
Position Summary: The successful candidate shall have a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience. This position will require abasic understanding of Microsoft Office products, National Electrical Code,blueprints and electrical schematics. Communication skills both verbal and inwriting will be required to ensure customer satisfaction. This position couldbe required to work shift work, weekends and holidays. Additionally, thisposition must be able to work safely at varying heights, operate lifts and liftup to 40 pounds.
· Performs basic work or assistshigher level electricians in commercial and industrial electrical repair andmodification duties such as: Installing, maintaining, altering and repairingwiring, power appliances, light machinery and electrical circuits.
· Installing, maintaining andrepairing electric motors, generators and related electrical and mechanicalequipment.
· Installing electrical fixtures andappliances.
· Performing electrical work onphotoelectric calls, time clocks, electric heaters, air conditioners, motorgenerator units, air compressors and traffic counters.
· Adjusting and cleaning limitswitches and warning devices.
· Setting up, holding, climbing, anddoing electrical work from ladders and scaffolding up to a height of 35 feet.
· Cleans work sites upon workcompletion.
· Drives a motor vehicle to and fromwork sites and loads and unloads tools and equipment.
· Performs other related duties asrequired.
· Graduation from high school orpossession of a GED certificate; and one year of experience as an electrician;and Possession of a valid Driver's License; or an equivalent combination ofeducation, training and experience that would reasonably be expected to providethe job-specific competencies noted below.
· Working knowledge of safetyrequirements.
· Working knowledge of CardiopulmonaryResuscitation (CPR).
· Some knowledge of basic electricity.
· Some knowledge of electricalindustry standards.
· Some knowledge of the functions andoperations of electrical equipment.
· Some knowledge of the materials andtools used in the maintenance and repair of electrical equipment.
· Skill in the use and care ofelectrical testing, diagnostic and repair equipment.
· Ability to work in confined spaces,on ladders, scaffolding, towers and lift buckets up to a considerable height.
· Ability to lift and carry up to 40pounds.
· Ability to distinguish differencesin wire, cable colors, sizes and types.
· Ability and willingness to be in anon-call status and respond to call outs, working non-standard duty hours androtating shifts that include nights, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to follow oral and writteninstruction.
· Ability to follow establishedprocedures.
· Ability to work effectively with others.
· Ability to read and understand jobrelated material.
· Ability to operate a standard motorvehicle safely.
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated, organized ands hard working
Please see HR for information on physical demands and workenvironment of this job.
SunshineEnterprise USA is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veteransand Disabled Persons”
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job