- Category: Construction and Property
- Location: Greater London Walthamstow
- Date: 1 month ago
Aston Group are a successful Facilities Management and Building Services company in Romford with satellite officers in Dagenham, Walthamstow and UCL. We are an established, family run, privately owned business that has been setting standards for efficiency, innovation and quality for 50 years. We are passionate about providing an excellent service to both our clients and our colleagues, and pride ourselves on our quality of work and reputation. We are immensely proud of our hard working and dedicated team who have been integral to the company’s success, and we look forward to working and thriving together.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, positive person with an interest in becoming an electrician to join our electrical team working across social housing residences in Waltham Forest, starting in January 2021.
This is a 48 month apprenticeship, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm with one hour unpaid for lunch.
Salary of £4.15ph for the first year of apprenticeship only, rising to age appropriate rate after
Employee Assistance Programme
Death In Service benefit 4x salary
22 days holiday plus bank holidays
Day off for Birthday after one year of service
An apprenticeship is a full-time position, but one where you’ll spend 20% of the time in off-the-job training. The successful candidate will undertake a 48 month Level 3 Electro technical Apprenticeship (5357) with a local training provider, along with in-house training from our experts.
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities:
To assist the electrical department to undertake electrical installation and maintain electronic and electrical systems. To learn how to install, inspect and test equipment, making sure that electro technical systems work. To find and fix faults.
· Learn how to diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
· To learn how to assemble, install, test and maintain electrical wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures using hand tools, power tools and other specialist equipment to 18th edition wiring regulations.
· Ensuring that a high standard of safe working practices are maintained at all times.
· Ensuring that activities are carried out in an efficient and practical manner.
· Learn how to connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
· Learn how to inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
· Learn how to test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
· Liaise with all stakeholders and contractors as required to ensure a high quality service is delivered and a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved.
· Plan and organise your own daily work, ensuring work is complete in the allocated time.
· To learn how to carry out survey reports as required.
· To assist in the delivery of planned commitments to the client, ensuring agreed KPI’s and service levels are being met.
· To maintain a high standard of customer service for all internal and external facing activities
· To attend regular meetings where required.
· To comply with the company’s Health & Safety policy at all times and follow all related safe systems of work and risk assessments that are produced for the task.
· To undertake tasks as necessary to ensure the achievement of the project.
· Level 2 Electrical Qualification Essential
· Maths/English qualification
· IT literate
· Ability to provide exceptional customer service, committed to customer satisfaction
· Self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
· Good attention to detail & committed to constantly improving quality of work
· Able to work as part of a team
· Understanding of Data Protection and the need for confidentiality
· an ability to work carefully, methodically and safely
· a head for heights and willingness to work in all sorts of weather
· a willingness to work in confined spaces
· a flexible approach
· The ability to establish and maintain effective, professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, negotiation and persuasion skills, including the ability to weigh up and articulate the risk and benefit of various scenarios and propose effective resolutions
· an ability to follow technical drawings, building plans and wiring diagrams
· Strong analytical, numeracy and literacy skills
· To be able to prioritise workload in order to meet deadlines
· The ability to demonstrate a high degree of integrity, discretion, diplomacy commensurate with the nature of the post
Planning & Organising
Ensuring the successful achievement of results through the effective planning and management of resources, which are in line with the organisation’s strategic direction. The ability to think through and adopt a clear, sensible step-by step approach to planning and organising work making effective use of time, resources in order to get the job done as effectively as possible.
Working collaboratively and sharing information within and across Aston Group to contribute to the effective delivery of services. Building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues to foster team spirit, commitment to the team and achievement of shared goals.
Focus on discovering and acting on the client’s needs. A commitment to putting the client first. Clients may include ‘internal’ staff and external clients.
Striving for Excellence
Desires to improve performance, do a task better (faster, more effectively or at a lower cost) by committing self in accomplishing challenging objectives/targets or competing against more stretching self-defined standards of excellence.
The ability to analyse in a logical way and identify patterns and connections which are not immediately obvious. The ability to sift out the essential elements from a mass of complex information and integrate and synthesize ideas and information into a coherent whole
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job