EMEA Travel Hospitality Specialist Solutions Architect
- Location: Anguilla
- Date: 1 week ago
As the role will cover EMEA the ideal candidate can be located in several countries across Europe, ideally; United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Spain, Italy, France.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Solutions Architects for our Europe, Middle-East, and Africa customers. If you have experience in designing, developing, or maintaining platforms in the travel and hospitality sector, and are interested in helping customers embrace cloud technologies, come and talk to us. Specialist Solutions Architects work with AWS' partners and customers to accelerate their cloud transformation. They engage in a wide range of activities around their domain of expertise, providing technical advice to customers, helping the internal and external communities, presenting AWS publicly on their domain, and providing a preferred path between AWS service teams and customers
This is an opportunity to join Amazon’s technical teams, working with our engineers on the new services that power the cloud ecosystem, while developing your skills and furthering your career within what we believe to be one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies. This role will focus on helping our travel and hospitality customers and partners build innovative Solutions and Businesses that focus on leveraging the value of data.
As a Travel and Hospitality Specialist Solutions Architect (SA), you will help customers select the technologies that will support their business requirements. Part of the Specialist Solutions Architecture team, you will work closely with the other Specialist SAs on Big Data, Databases, Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, or Security, as well as the Business Development teams, to enable large-scale customer use cases and drive the adoption of AWS for their platforms. You will interact with other SAs, providing guidance on their customer engagements by developing white papers, blogs, reference implementations, and presentations to enable customers and 3rd parties to fully leverage the AWS platform. You will also create field enablement materials for the broader SA population, to help them understand how to integrate AWS solutions into customer architectures.
Candidates have a mix of communication and technical skills, and will have the ability to engage with customers at different levels in the organization, from executive to developer. Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required, provided you have experience building large scale solutions. You will get the opportunity to work directly with senior engineers at customers, partners and AWS service teams, influencing their roadmaps and driving innovation.
If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on the cutting edge of technology, we would love to have you on the team.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We have 14 leadership principles that help guide us in our every-day decision making process. We believe they are a clearer articulation of those things that have always been a part of what makes Amazon great – things that we must consciously hold on to in fulfilling our mission to be Earth’s Most Customer Centric Company. We are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy and happy lives. It is always Day One.
How You’ll Grow
At Amazon, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn and develop your career. We offer opportunities to help sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Roles and responsibilities
· Customers' trusted advisor: collaborate with AWS account, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services and solutions related to their industry
· Business partner: serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
· Public engagement: provide thought leadership on Analytics solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Blogs, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, or public presentations at AWS Summits, AWS re:Invent, AWS User Groups or industry events
· Community player: capture and share best-practices, participate, and contribute as a member of the worldwide AWS technical community of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
· Service team point of contact: act as a conduit between the AWS Service teams and the customers, providing detailed guidance for the broader field organization and the customers, and acting as an advocate for the customers towards the central teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Proven experience in technical IT teams in an engineering, architecture, consulting, pre-sales, or similar function in the travel and hospitality sector
· Hands-on experience in a technical environment such as software development, system administration, data and analytics platform, information security, service delivery and management
· Ability to learn new concepts and technologies, and apply them to provide the best business outcomes for customers
· Ability to formulate and communicate ideas clearly in a business environment, including presenting in front of varied internal and external audiences
· Technical degree in computer science, math, or engineering such as a Master's degree
· Experience working within software or Internet-related companies
· Experience in application portfolio management, enterprise architecture and practices, and modernization
· Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups. AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job