Estate Facility Manager - Efm
**About the job**
**Join the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) and have a future that matters: Be proud; Be challenged; Be unique.**
DIO is passionate about ensuring that we are a top performing organisation and a great place to work. We host a diverse range of talent where everyone feels valued and supported enabling our people to flourish, bring greater creativity and innovation to achievehigher organisational performance. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and creating a culture where everyone can bring their whole self to work and individuality is truly appreciated.
We promote and support a range of flexible working patterns enabling staff to balance home and work responsibilities.
This culture of inclusion is underpinned by our 6 staff networks covering Disability, Faith and Belief, Gender Equality, LGBTQI+, Race, Social Mobility and 3 networks dealing with employee wellbeing and support: Speak Safe Volunteers, Mental Health First Aidersand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Advisers.
Our staff, future and current will be guided by the 4 Cs and we encourage you to be **curious** and continuously strive for improvement, **collaborative** in an inclusive culture, bold and resilient and **committed** to Defence, empowered and able to **challenge** so you can play a key part in shaping the direction of our organisation.
DIO commits to offer its employees the following experience:
- Meaningful, purposeful work
- The ability to learn and grow
- The right opportunities and resources
- To care about your wellbeing
- To feel valued and included
The Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) is the estate expert for Defence, supporting the armed forces to enable military capability by planning, building, maintaining, and servicing infrastructure.
Our responsibilities include:
- Plan and deliver major capital projects and lifecycle refurbishment
- Provide utilities services
- Manage soft facilities management (i.e. cleaning and catering)
- Provide a safe place to train
- Allocate Service Families Accommodation
- Procure and manage routine maintenance and reactive repair
- Provide a central register of asset information to advise infrastructure planning
- Act as steward of the Defence estate
- Provide the unarmed guarding service
We employ approximately 4,900 staff from a very diverse range of professions, and we work across the world; in Germany, Cyprus and the Falkland Islands, Norway, Poland, Kenya, Belize, Nepal and Oman.
You can view our YouTube video to see more about our work
**Job description**The Challenge**
The DIO has the responsibility for the management of property, Infrastructure and related services to ensure strategic management of the Defence Estate as a whole, optimising investment and, critically supporting military capability to the best effect.
DIO Service Delivery Total Facilities Management manage the delivery of the DIO hard and soft facilities management contracts to military users within the Scotland and Northern Ireland region. This includes contract management and key relationship managementwith senior users, key suppliers and other elements of DIO operations to deliver the DIO outputs to support Military Capability.
This exciting vacancy will enable the Estates Facilities Manager (EFM) at DIO to be responsible for supporting the Senior Estate Facilities Manager (SEFM) in the engagement and stakeholder management of establishments and their customer representatives underyour area of responsibility.
You will work in collaboration with the Industry Partner and other agencies to deliver key tasks including Critical Infrastructure Delivery Programme (CIDP), Safe & Legal programmed works, Additional Work Services (AWS), carry out assurance checks on hard andsoft tasks.
You will ensure that the Industry Partner (IP) is delivering the correct level of service against agreed indicators and enabling issue resolution to ensure that site-based delivery issues are resolved to maintain operational outputs against agreed requirements.
The EFM will actively support the SEFMs stakeholder engagement role and both Weekly Meetings and the monthly Site Infrastructure Management Meeting. The EFM will proved support to the focal point role for any DIO wide queries establishments may have and havea duty to ensure that infrastructure related risks and issues on the site are raised to the Head of Establishment and escalated to the SEFM as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships and regular communications with site users and stakeholders as appropriate to include the Site Infrastructure Monthly Meeting (SIMM), Weekly Site Meeting and all other contracted meetings, ensuring a high levelof interaction and support. Act as the DIO Point of Contact for all allocated Areas of Responsibility and proactively address all stakeholders (both Internal and External to DIO) concerns and issues, raised formally or informally, ensuring that Line Managementis kept informed of emerging issues.
- Act as DIO Point of Contact for delivery of delegated Additional Works Services and projects within Area of Responsibility, from Statement of Need to completion, working closely with the Industry Partners on the provision of the contracted services includingthe delivery of the Hard FM, Additional Works Services and additions to the Soft FM Site Information Pack (SIP) through the Request for Contract Action (RCA) process. Provide Programme related information and reports to the Senior Estate Facility Manager (SEFM)and Line Management as required. Review and monitor progress of works against projected in year delivery, highlighting any contracted programme issues using the respective Early Warning, Defect and Risk Management process. Work closely with the SEFM and IndustryPartners to develop strategies to deal with programme issues and agree corrective actions and improvement plans, closely monitor developments on site, report progress and escalate as appropriate.
- Carry out the Delegated duties and responsibilities on behalf of the SEFM, working closely with the Independent Auditors on the preselected Hard FM works orders, to include Work in Progress, Retrospective, PPM, Grounds Maintenance and Asset File Checks. Undertakethe regular review of the Soft FM contract performance against agreed standards ensuring shortcomings are recorded. Ensure that Safety and Compliance Management through HFM and SFM contracted requirements are being delivered and that KPIs are being met andquickly addres
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job