Female Care & Support Worker - Plymouth
- Category: Social Care
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Devon
- Reference: d16705adedc0f92b875db16298a582c783ff57e1
- Date: 1 week ago
Female Care and Support Worker - Respite & Transition Service- Plymouth
30 hours which includes sleep-ins
Hourly rate - £9.10
Sleep in rate £53.10 - £70.47 (age dependent)
We are looking for motivated, dynamic and proactive individuals to join our new Respite and Transition team for young people with Learning Disabilities, Physical Disabilities and PMLD.
This exciting opportunity will initially involve a period of training and transition work with a group of young people who will be accessing the service. The service is being designed to provide innovative, person centred and outcome focused support for young people with a range of disabilities accessing Respite and Enabling support within our adapted property in Plymstock, Plymouth.
The role will involve:
Practical, hands-on care and support for a small group of young people accessing regular stays at the property.
Supporting individuals with complex health needs which will involve support with PEG feeds , suctioning and Epilepsy .
Overnight support for up to 3 young people at a time, alongside regular weekend stays.
Support during the day for people accessing 24 hour stays, or for those attending a day time learning and development programme involving activities within the home and local community.
*A female team is required for this role as the core users of the service will be young ladies requiring full support with intimate personal care.
For this role, you will need:
· Experience of supporting people with profound and multiple learning difficulties and complex health care needs
· Experience in providing practical, hands on support with personal care , moving and handling , PEG feed , suctioning and Epilepsy ( candidates that are successful will receive full training)
· To be an effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills , experience with non-verbal individuals would be an advantage
· To maintain confidentiality at all times and handle sensitive information appropriately
· To be responsive and adaptable to the changing needs of our project
· To have excellent record keeping skills
· To be a driver and be willing to drive as part of your role to enable individuals to access the community
We are an equal opportunities employer and are only interested in your ability to do the job.
The Dove Project Part Of Caretech
Caretech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents
To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
CareTech Community Services are proud to advise that they are a Disability Confident Leader
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job