Fibre Network Planner FTC
IT’S TIME TO POWER UP BRITAIN
12 month FTC
Now, more than ever, the UK needs full fibre networks to power up businesses and restart our economy. That’s why, even though the world has slowed down, we’ve been working faster than ever to build Gigabit Cities and deliver the digital infrastructure Britain needs to bounce back. With opportunities across the UK, there’s never been a more important time to join us, transform the way Britain connects and accelerate your career and the UK’s economic recovery.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Once our fibre network is designed, it needs to be taken out onto the field to ensure it will be fast and functional. We’re looking for a creative Fibre Network Planner that can interpret blueprints on-site and answer queries from the Contractors and authorities that help us to build Gigabit Cities. You’ll also assume accountability for the project management, collaborating with our Designers to deliver the best broadband possible. In addition, you’ll;
- Oversee and quality check our network plans by walking the routes, ensuring they are buildable and cost efficient
- Identify and flag any defects on our network plans and suggest alternative routes
- Survey contractor packs that include the pre-planned fibre routes
- Complete As Builts
- Liaise with contractors, internal and external stakeholders, local authorities, and highways agencies
- Be responsible for the management and governance of works in compliance with guidelines and code of practice
- Utilise automation and AI to drive a lean operating model
- Forecast Capital Expenses and Operating Expenses for designed infrastructure projects
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
You’ll be a planning expert for civil routes and fibre, understanding Fibre In The Home designs. With your solution-orientated approach, you’ll drive improvements across our team and cultivate key relationships, contributing to the success of our network. You’ll also have;
- Experience in surveying routes and identifying defects
- A history of using civils avoidance methods
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- A solutions-focused attitude
- The ability to liaise and negotiate with contractors – PIA experience would be beneficial
- Experience in manipulating data and metadata underpinning a fibre design
- Knowledge of Diversionary works code of practice and its application
- Ability to produce detailed industry-standard level of survey, installation and as-built documentation
- Understanding of long-distance fibre networks, Comsof FibrePlanIT and GE Smallworld software
- Driving license
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Salary: £36,000 - £42,000
When you join our team, you’re building Gigabit Britain from the ground up, transforming the UK now and for future generations. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bring Britain up to speed, to set the standard for innovation and to play a leading role in the success of our company, and our country.
You’ll also receive benefits including 25 days’ holiday, a day off on your birthday, car allowance, bonus and private healthcare.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job