Oldham, Greater Manchester (currently with remote working practices in place)
Age UK Oldham is a local independent charity working for the care and rights of older people across the Oldham area. We work in partnership with the Local Authority and NHS Oldham to deliver a range of services to older people information and advice, home services, support with care and social activities.
We are now looking for a Finance Manager to join our team. Initially this role will be home based until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted when you will be invited to work from our Oldham offices.
Your Rewards and Benefits
- Salary of £30,411 - £33,030
- Workplace benefits scheme
- Join a successful charity that is part of a nationwide network
This is an exciting opportunity for an accomplished accounting professional with experience of working with several cost centres to take the next step in their career and make strong inroads into the charitable sector.
Now, it is more important than ever to be supporting older people and your role will be critical to our success in achieving our aims and continuing to support Oldham’s older population. By ensuring that we are financially strong, compliant and well managed, we can keep providing the services that older people require to thrive and ensure that the benefits they bring to society continue.
So, if you are ready to make a stronger contribution with your career, help to enact change and have an impact on the older population of Oldham, this is the role for you.
As our Finance Manager, you will be tasked with ensuring that our organisation remains financially strong and we can continue our important work.
Specifically, you will support the effective deployment of resources, oversee our finance and accounting functions, manage our insurance requirements and play an active role in our Senior Management Team.
Working in collaboration with our Board of Trustees, the Chief Executive and our auditors, you will manage the Finance Team of two Finance Assistants, assist with strategic resources management and support the development of our organisation.
Your role will entail:
- Directly managing all finance and accounting functions
- Recruiting, managing, motivating, developing and monitoring finance staff
- Promptly and accurately submitting finance reports to senior managers, the Board, our trading subsidiary and external bodies
- Maintaining and developing our accounting systems
- Preparing and reviewing cost centre and consolidated budgets
- Producing annual accounts
- Overseeing the payroll in collaboration with our Payroll Agent and supporting benefits requirements including the pension scheme
To be considered as the Finance Manager, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience of recording and analysing financial information to produce management accounts
- At a minimum, one year’s experience of producing computerised accounts and payroll
- Experience of all aspects of PAYE
- Experience of working with several cost centres
- Experience of recording VAT and making returns to Customs and Excise
- Experience of day-to-day banking and petty cash handling
- Experience of working to a high standard with minimal supervision
- The ability to communicate at all levels, with particular reference to financial systems
- To be accurate, meticulous and used to working to strict deadlines
Due to current COVID-19 restrictions, the successful candidate must be able to work remotely from home until restrictions are lifted.
The ability to work within part of a diverse team would be beneficial to your application. A flexible attitude and creative thought process would also be an advantage, as would experience of working in the voluntary sector.
Other organisations may call this role Financial Controller, Head of Finance, Accounts Manager, Accountancy Manager, Accounting Manager, Senior Accountant, Management Accountant, Accountant, or Company Accountant.
Webrecruit and Age UK Oldham are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Finance Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9am – 4.30pm
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job