- Category: Leisure Tourism and Entertainment
- Location: Surrey
- Date: 1 month ago
FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (Casual)
Basic Purpose of the Role
To assist in the daily operation of the Club. Providing a friendly, efficient service and ensuring the highest standard of customer care at all times for all members and visitors using the Club’s Health & Fitness facilities.
* To supervise the Health & Fitness facilities to ensure the safety and welfare of users at all times, giving appropriate guidance and advice to members as and when required.
* Provide an advisory service, including health checks, inductions, exercise prescriptions and fitness testing for all members and prospective members of the Health & Fitness facilities in accordance with the Club’s policies and procedures.
* To build and facilitate personal training programmes to suit all levels of fitness.
* Have and maintain a thorough knowledge of current and topical health and fitness related issues and trends.
* Actively sell the benefits of regular exercise and health promotion to the lifestyles of all members and prospective members.
* Maintain the Health & Fitness facilities in a hygienic and tidy fashion at all times undertaking regular cleaning duties as required by the Club.
* Take bookings, as required, for all inductions and fitness tests etc for the Health & Fitness facilities.
* Integrate with users of the Health & Fitness facilities to maintain a high level of customer contact.
* Deal with all customer queries in a friendly efficient manner in accordance with the Club’s Customer Care Policy, ensuring all relevant information is passed to, or forwarded to, the customer.
* Co-operate with the Club in all issues of health and safety under the provisions within the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974, the Club Health & Safety Policy and any other subsequent and/or relevant legislation.
* Maintain all manual records, as required by Management, to effectively administer the Health and Fitness facilities.
* To operate on a shift rota basis as a member of the Fitness Instructor team, incorporating evenings and weekends, as required, to effectively cover all Club opening hours.
* Maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of the Club, its activities, membership structure and packages, and current promotions at all times.
* Actively sell the benefits of membership of the Club to prospective members and seek to retain existing members.
* Receive all incoming telephone calls in a friendly, efficient manner in accordance with the Club’s Customer Care Policy.
* Utilise a computerised booking system to conduct all member transactions.
* Attend regular staff meetings and training sessions as and when required.
* Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of other areas of the operation and assist in these areas as required from time to time by the Club.
* To actively promote the name of Charterhouse and Charterhouse Club in all interactions with members and visitors
* To carry out other duties as may be required to ensure the Club operation is properly maintained to provide total customer satisfaction.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Knowledge of the Health & Fitness industry
Passionate about fitness and wellbeing
Knowledge of Fitness Testing and personal training techniques
Outgoing and confident personality
Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements within a gym
Pro-active, flexible and reliable
Exceptional Customer Service skills
Excellent communication skills
Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
Recognised Fitness Instructor Qualifications e.g. degree in Sport Science or QCF Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Fitness Instructing.
Group Class Instructor or qualifications in other areas such as Sports Therapy Massage are desirable but not essential.
Special Working Conditions
The Fitness Instructor participates in a six week rolling rota spread over 7 days. The shifts are as follows:
AM: (Apply online only) Monday to Friday / (Apply online only) Saturday and Sunday
PM: (Apply online only)
Benefits of Employment
Hourly rate: Commensurate with the skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Please note we are acting as an advertising service for this client and once we have received your application we will forward your CV details directly and they will be in contact should they wish to interview you
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job