Fluent German Speaking - Proof Readers
Are you fluent in spoken and written German?
Can you also speak English?
Since 1994, Our Client has been providing outsourced (QA) Quality Assurance, Customer Experience and Localisation Services to the Interactive Media, Internet of Things (IoT), Technology and e-Learning markets.
The QA Testing role involves performing language checks on a range of yet-to-be-released games for a variety of platforms including PC, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®VR and various mobile and tablet devices.
You would be working on top gaming titles for some of the biggest publishers in the World.
As one of their German QA's, you will be the very first person to see the localised game in its entirety – translated text, images and the rest of the user interface all together. You’ll get to experience the project in the way it will be consumed by the end users. You will work in a multilingual project team, ensuring that game is free from grammatical errors, cultural inconsistencies and ultimately ensuring that the game is accurately localised into the target language.
Candidates with previous German translation, proofreading, copy writing or linguistic experience and those with a passion for languages, culture or gaming would be ideal for this position.
What you’ll be doing
· Identifying spelling, grammar, punctuation and other German language errors
· Ensuring console manufacturer guidelines are adhered to
· Writing reports of errors/bugs found and providing suggestions for improvements
· Accuracy of translation within context
· Consistency of terminology and imagery
· Hunting for missing / wrong content
· Performing ad hoc translation
What we’re looking for:
- Native level fluency in German, particularly reading & writing, and a good level of English
- Strong understanding of the German culture.
- A background in languages (not essencial).
- Excellent attention to detail, strong communication skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office suite - particularly Microsoft Excel.
- A willingness to do repetitive tasks and adapt to ever-changing technology.
- An ability to work either alone or in a team and with other colleagues, sometimes under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A passion for video games would be a plus!
What our client offers:
- Competitive salary
- Generous annual leave offering
- Work from Home Opportunites however must be in a commutable distance to Glasgow
- Regular socials
- Great office location based in Glasgow
- Full and possible part-time opportunities available
- Monday to Friday work (No weekends)
- 8am to 5pm working hours
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job