Front End Engineer
- Location: London
- Date: 1 week ago
Lyst is a technology platform that revolutionises the way people shop for fashion. We connect millions of consumers globally with the world’s leading fashion designers and stores, giving them a simpler, more engaging and more effective shopping experience. Lyst has grown over 300% every year since launch in 2011 and has raised over $60M from top-tier investors including Accel, DFJ, Balderton and the teams behind LVMH, Michael Kors and Oscar de la Renta. Job Description
The team of engineers and data scientists that work at Lyst are pushing the boundary of how data and technology are used in the fashion commerce space. We are developing an environment and culture that is all about writing great software using the best tools in the best possible manner.
What you will be working on
- Finding elegant solutions to hard technical problems relating to JS (client side) and/or Python/Django (server-side)
- Contributing to open source libraries that we have either created or use, for example our UI components library Baustein ( ) or our CSS inliner that we use for emails ( )
- Collaborating with product and designer to build new features
- Building and maintaining internal tools and dashboards, which range from simple server-rendered pages to client side applications built using EmberJS
- Helping to improve our build processes to make deployment and iteration easier and faster
- Writing both unit and integration tests - we love testing.
- Building your own brand and skills. Lyst is a company that will encourage and support you to get involved in the wider community. Events like FOSDEM, JS Conf, LNUG are regular occurrences on our calendar.
- Creating better solutions for everything we do, from culture to the code.
Things that matter to us…
- Progressive enhancement - not because we expect people to disable JS but because we believe this makes you build a better product
- Mobile first - is a responsive site and the mobile web experience is hugely important to us both in terms of functionality and performance.
- CSS - we use LESS (but are considering a move to Sass) and the BEM methodology
- Tooling - our front end build system uses Grunt, Make, RequireJS, Browserify, LESS, JHint, ESLint, Karma, Mocha, Sinon, and a whole load more… but we don’t want tools that get in our way so we are always evaluating this stack.
We’re looking for engineers who are excited to join an innovative team to have a real impact on the culture, growth and the code you write. If you enjoy working on fixing real world problems effectively and in the best possible manner. Being challenged and pushing boundries are part of day to day life at Lyst.
We like to build things that solve problems, you will not be constrained by process - we work in small product teams that take a lean approach to building things. We believe that there is no silver bullet to fix the problems and challenges we face: instead we encourage consistent iteration to ensure we are always solving problems. We care deeply about collaboration, feedback and trust; all of our engineers take ownership of committing their own code and ensuring that everything is bug free and reliable.Additional Information
You will you be working with a passionate and expert team that loves to push the boundaries of the fashion ecommerce space, and you will also be trained and mentored to grow as the business does.
We care deeply about helping the industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example.
You'll also get a nice clothing allowance to spend via the site!Summary
- Type: Full-time
- Function: Information Technology
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job