FTTP SURVEYOR - Barnston , England
FTTP Surveyor Responsibilities:
- Surveying and validation of proposed fibre routes.
- Surveying, planning & design of the FTTP networks from the Point of Presence to the Premise and including Spine surveys.
- External fibre network design.
- Chamber & duct construction design.
- Cabling and splicing design.
- Surveying HLD trunk routes to ensuring we are choosing the most effective route possible.
- Validating PIA on sites and identifying issues and required work arounds (civils, new ducts, chambers etc).
- Creating survey complete packs and provide effective updates to desk-based planners.
- Performing detailed surveys.
- Identification of individual house or multi-dwelling building.
- Identifying existing telecom connections.
- Existing manhole assessments (location, type, conditions).
- Existing pole assessments (location, type, conditions).
FTTP Surveyor Experience required:
- FTTP Architecture, Openreach experience.
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PDF writer, Visio, GIS ArcPro and ORION (preferred).
- Fibre Network Planning and surveying experience.
- A minimum of 2 years good experience of working in a Fibre Network Planning Environment.
FTTP Surveyor Key Skills required:
- Knowledge of or experience working in the OPENREACH network.
- Ability to carry out detailed surveys of the built environment and capture the most feasible and cost effective solution for new build in accordance with the specifications.
- Skilled at identifying any potential SED or specific Traffic Management requirements and ability to determine at planning stage, any specific wayleave requirements.
- Experience using GIS platforms.
- Ability to use a smartphone, a tablet or a laptop with a Geographical Information System (GIS).
- Valid Accreditation, Signing, Lighting and Guarding.
- Openreach PIA Duct & PIA Pole Survey Valid Accreditations. A9, S2, A8, S5 S11.
- Up-to-date certification in Manual Handling & First Aid at Work.
- Able to follow design schematics and management direction.
- Work outdoors in challenging field environments - for example, in bad weather conditions.
- Attention to detail.
- High levels of quality standards.
- A telecoms background coupled with a planning background is required for this position.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job