General Operative - Environment (Water) - Inverness & Grangemouth
Note for Recruitment Agencies:
We prefer to hire directly, but we do have an approved supplier list for when we'd like a helping hand. We'll be in touch if we need you.
Working as part of our Scottish Water framework we are currently recruiting for Operatives to support our dedicated site teams. This is a "Hands on" position and candidates must have previous and relevant experience in a similar position and have relevant clean and waste water experience.
This role will not be allocated to a specific project. The successful applicant will work across a variety of different projects on our frameworks with Morrison Construction Scottish Water business.
We are looking for experienced an confident individuals with sound knowledge of working on civil engineering projects with a positive, open and friendly attitude.
- As an experienced general operative you will be responsible for undertaking general labouring duties, unloading (both mechanical and by hand), moving/loading out of materials, working on excavations and installations of pipework, concrete work and general civil engineering operational activities; and to ensure good housekeeping on site. At all times, you must adhere to our high standards of health and safety during the execution of your duties. Work safely under the guidance of a Site Manager.
- Know, understand and observe specific site rules with regard to health and safety.
- Operate hand, power and percussive tools safely.
- Observe general organisation procedures on site
- Ensure welfare is kept clean, tidy and stocked.
- Perform all duties as directed by the site management.
- Ensure that the site is kept tidy and presentable at all times.
- Assist and work on excavation and installation activities of civil engineering operational requirements as directed by the site supervisor
- Working knowledge of safe construction practice.
- Able to recognise hazards and dangers of working on a construction site.
- Able to accept advice and instructions from site management.
- Able to work safely so as not to create hazards.
- Able to communicate with other operatives and site management.
- Show ability to work with tools to produce good quality work
- Ensure all company property under your control is taken care of and stored securely when not in use.
- Ability to work safely.
- Flexible attitude to work.
- Problem solving skills
- Communication Skills
- Honestly, Integrity and Pride
- Attention To Detail
- Potable water mains laying and installation-
- Waste water pipe laying, manhole construction & benching
- General civil engineering site works
- Concrete works and concrete finishing
- CSCS Card (Essential)
- DOMS or EUSR Certification (Essential)
- NRSWA Accreditation (Preferred)
- CPCS roller and dumper training
- Slinger/banksman training
- Confined space training
Morrison Construction is Scotland's leading contractor. Our award-winning portfolio covers a range of activities, from the construction of multi-million pound building and civil engineering projects to small works and repairs and maintenance. As part of the Galliford Try group we are one of the UK's most formidable construction businesses with a vision to be a people-orientated, progressive business, driven by our values to deliver lasting change for our stakeholders and the communities we work in. Our purpose is to improve people's lives through building the facilities and infrastructure that communities need, providing opportunities for our people to learn, grow and progress, working with our supply chain to promote the very best working practice and caring for the environment in which we work.
We do this by holding true to our values, delivering excellence for our clients and the community, being passionate about our role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of our business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with our clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
As one of the UK's top principal contractors you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the UK's most exciting projects offering you stability as well as the chance to stretch your capabilities and realise long held career goals. You will be joining diverse teams working at a high professional level with exceptional levels of commitment.
As a major UK contractor, our Construction Division has a diversified workload in the public, regulated and private sectors. The Division boasts a strong reputation for providing whole-life solutions, high standards of project delivery, and an ability to innovate. It predominately operates under either the Galliford Try or the Morrison Construction brands, and is organised into five key segments: Building, Infrastructure, Facilities Management, Investments and Integrated Solutions.
Our Environment Business:
The Environment business works across water, flood alleviation, security and telecom markets, with a focus on public sector clients where we have long term partnerships. Our extensive experience and expertise in Civil Engineering and Infrastructure projects enables us to understand our clients' construction needs and deliver solutions that surpass their expectations.
Galliford Try is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job