You will assist in the smooth running of the Maintenance Department so ensuring an efficient and effective operation. You will also assist in the smooth running of the Hotel by maintaining the building to the highest possible standards.
Handyman Assistant Responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that all tasks relating to guest comfort, guest satisfaction or the impression the guest receives of the hotel must be treated with utmost priority
- Ensure that you are aware of how all relevant equipment is handled and used correctly.They should also be stored securely and safely and in accordance with Health & Safety regulations
- Ensure that all warning signage is used in all public areas and corridors.
- Ensure that all store rooms and work areas should are kept clean and tidy.
- Carry out routine maintenance requests by way of internal docket system, in good time, and any major work to be incorporated within a planned schedule.
- Complete all paperwork correctly and in accordance with the Standards of Performance Manual.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in PAT testing and recording all electrical equipment in accordance with Health & Safety Policy.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in undertaking of all periodical checks of Fire Prevention Equipment required by the Hotels Fire Certificate.
- Check all light bulbs and ceiling tiles in all meeting rooms, public areas and Leisure Club and replace as necessary.
- Check time clocks and water softner as required.
- Ensure all litter is removed from Hotel grounds.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager to test and maintain Emergency Lighting System.
- To maintain a good working relationship with your colleagues creating a team that works well together and with other departments
- To maintain vigilance regarding possible fraud, theft and potential security risks
- To undertake plumbing, carpentry, painting and mechanical work as necessary to maintain safe and efficient system within the hotel.
- To respond to maintenance requests on order of priority as set by the hotel Maintenance/General Manager
- To ensure that adequate level of spares are maintained and effectively used in order to give a high appearance throughout the building.
- To adhere to all terms and conditions as per the contract of employment/employee directory
- To assist in the carrying out of such duties as are required by the Maintenance Manager/ Manager on Duty/ General Manager
- To comply with all H&S and Statutory regulations in force, especially ladder Safety and working at height regulations/COSHH directive to ensure that the workshop or storage areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Previous experience in the hospitality industry
• Relevant training qualifications
• Knowledge of painting and pluming is desirable
In line with immigration legislation, we will only accept applications from candidates who are currently eligible to live and work in the UK. We are unable to apply for or transfer working visas for candidates.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job