Head of Finance Business Intelligence
This is not the Civil Service as you know it! HMRC is continuing to implement bold plans to transform our IT and digital services. We are already one of the most digital organisations in the UK, and our aim is even more ambitious: by the end of 2020 we will be one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
Within HMRC, Chief Digital Information Office (CDIO) has many delivery groups, delivering different aspects towards our organisational goal. Sitting within CDIO Finance as the Head of Business Intelligence you will be ensuring all transactional activities are performed to the highest standards in order to provide accurate and timely management information to aid decision making and adherence to budgets and spending plans.
This is an exciting time to join an organisation that probably doesn’t work how you’d imagine a government organisation would.
Finance Business Intelligence Team undertakes all CDIO Finances transactional activities and act as a centre of excellence.
We ensure all transactional accounting adheres to audit standards and play a key role in safeguarding the robustness of the management information that supports financial management and reporting to both internal and external customers.
Our work includes:
• Driving out inefficiencies and increasing data quality.
• Standardisation and improvement of processes.
• Use of standard methodology and technology.
• Capability uplift of our people.
This is a high profile and challenging role requiring close working with Finance Directors and senior leaders across CDIO and wider HMRC. It is a key leadership role and forms part of CDIO Finance’s Senior Leadership Team.
You will lead a team via direct reports supported by analysts within CDIO providing financial support, analysis and transactional finance services to Finance Business Partners, the CDIO Financial Planning and Analysis Team and the wider CDIO business.
You'll be encouraged to deliver high quality financial information, decision making support, advice and challenge.
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
• Strong leadership, planning, partner and personal management skills.
• A proven record of providing user value for money and efficiencies along with the ability to deliver reliable and accurate financial and performance information to support and inform decision making.
• Practice of building new teams and implementing new ways of working.
• Experience of embedding a culture of Continuous Operational Improvement and delivery of process re-engineering.
• The skills to support, coach and build capability of your team.
You will have:
• Professional working experience within a Finance role and environment with audit experience being preferable.
• Good interpersonal skills and able to build and maintain strong working relationships by partnering with colleagues across the team and organisation, to influence and negotiate in a range of situations.
• Strong and up-to-date financial and management accounting skills.
• Excellent people management skills, and enthusiasm to lead, motivate and coach staff in order to enhance performance and deliver improvements.
• Confidence in handling complex financial data to provide direction to team members; producing projections and detailed advice to the CDIO Finance Director, and CDIO Directors.
• A track record of innovation and transforming service delivery to better meet customer’s needs.
• Ability to deliver complex, high-profile outputs with contributions from partners within demanding timescales.
• Strongly desirable for the candidate to be a Qualified member of an Accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job