Head of Fleet (Courier)
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Cambridgeshire
- Reference: 36be1e46e5e5d5ddb1b5ef2e45a37b3fdbcd9690
- Date: 3 days ago
One of the leading providers in the last-mile parcel delivery network has an opportunity for a Head of Fleet to be based at one of their sites in Peterborough.
The successful candidate will streamline routes with drivers and keep costs down. You will deliver excellent service across the customer base. The Head of Fleet will be responsible for meeting regularly with the drivers, dispatchers and maintenance team members to discuss ways to meet or exceed corporate revenue goals.
· Offer strong leadership to self-employed drivers and internal fleet team on the best ways to maximise their earnings while delivering a high level of customer services.
· Ensure that all drivers and team understand and procure the licenses and permits they need to legally carry loads to customer destinations.
· Collaborate with internal and external stake holders to add quality employee drivers and contracted drivers to the fleet.
· Work closely with the maintenance team to find ways to reduce downtime due to repairs or lack of routine maintenance.
· Ensure that all load paperwork associated with each run is accurate and submitted to the proper people.
· Ensure robust agreements and service levels are in place for any outsourced work.
· Investigate all accidents thoroughly, implementing corrective actions where required.
· Hold regular review meetings with all suppliers to examine performance against agreed targets.
· Excellent team leadership.
· Commercial acumen.
· Strong and effective communication skills.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Planning and organising.
· You will be dynamic and offer entrepreneurial qualities.
· Ability to hit ground the running.
· Background in last-mile parcel or courier deliveries is essential.
· Possessing a CPC qualification will be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful candidate will be based at their site based in Peterborough.
Salary for this opportunity is £40k-£50k, depending on experience. The package is likely to be including company car or allowance, pension and other excellent benefits.
Please call Jason Smith (phone number removed) (url removed)
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency.
All communication with us is subject to the conditions outlined in our privacy notice
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job