Head of Hip-Hop + R&B Partnerships (UK)
is a marketplace for the experiences young people love. This includes music festivals, artist curated events, clubbing, travel, dining and more. We give our members exclusive access to some of the world’s best events and the opportunity to unlock incredible rewards for bringing their friends.
Pollen curates the best experiences for young people with a mix of the world’s leading entertainment brands including Live Nation, AEG, React Presents, Avant Gardner, Printworks as well as our own-brand experiences that we create, perfectly tailored to the customer preferences of our members and their friends.
We have recently launched a number of co-curated travel products by partnering with major artists and promoters, and have had incredible success in a short space of time. We have launched a number of trips in Europe, including partnerships with Charlie Sloth, We Are Festival and ABODE. In the US we have partnered with a number of well-known festival brands including Disco Donnie, Brownies & Lemonade, Electric Zoo to name but a few, and we have a large and exciting pipeline of artist partnerships that will be rolling out over the next 6 months.
The Content team at Pollen will act as gatekeepers for all the artist curated experiences that live on Pollen. As the Head of Hip-Hop + R&B Partnerships you will be responsible for ensuring only the right content from that genre lives on Pollen. You will work hand in hand with artists and their teams to curate best-in-class experiences that bring their narrative to life, help elevate their brand and bring them closer to their fans.
- You must be passionate and deeply knowledgeable about Hip-Hop, R&B, Grime and Dance music in the UK and be able to communicate and represent that internally at Pollen - diverse understanding of the landscape and all its sub genres is very important
- Build and maintain relationships within the Hip-Hop, R&B, Grime and Dance music communities to ensure that Pollen is well known, respected and a desirable partner
- Help educate the industry about Pollen and various partnership opportunities
- Drive new artist branded partnerships and act as the end-to-end lead for each project you bring in
- Work with the artist & their team to come up with creative concepts that Pollen will bring to life
- Become an expert in Pollen’s insights on young people and how they like to travel and use that knowledge to come up with the best-in-class experiences across various travel destinations
- Work cross functionally with the product development and strategy teams to ensure we deliver on all our promises to the artist and curate a premium experience for them and their fans
- Work closely with the Marketing team to ensure that all assets and messaging are aligned with the artist brand
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience working in the music business
- Have a track record of working directly with Artist talent and their teams
- Have a deep understanding and passion for Hip-Hop, R&B, Grime and Dance music communities
- Understanding of the live music business is a plus
- Ideal candidates come from roles in A&R, curation, marketing or experiential at record labels or DSPs
- Sought-after collaborator with established industry relationships both at the highest levels as well as among emerging talent
- Engaging, creative and passionate about innovating and creating new opportunities within the music industry
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with an entrepreneurial spirit
About our culture:
- We are results focused so you can choose your own hours & take as much vacation as you need to drive results and perform at your best. Watch our CEO talk about our innovative culture here.
- Read about our focus on Belonging in our CEO’s open letter here and our women’s programme Illuminate here
- Everyone is an equity owner in the company.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job