Health & Safety Officer
Are you a health & safety professional looking for your next challenge? Do you want to work with a large global manufacturing organisation with a track record of success?
We are currently recruiting for a health & safety officer to join a manufacturing site that has been established for around 70 years. You will work in a standalone role working closely with the manufacturing manager day to day on-site and reporting to a health & safety director based on another site in the UK taking responsibility for the health, safety and environmental policies and procedures for the facility.
As the health & safety officer, your duties will include:
- Managing and implementing initiatives to reduce risk on site
- Maintaining the health, safety and environmental systems for the site
- Performing any required investigations into accidents or near misses
- Supporting staff on-site to ensure understanding of health & safety policies and procedures
- Producing reports as required relating to health, safety and environmental matters
- Supporting and partaking in the induction of new staff
To apply for the health & safety officer role, you will need:
- Previous experience within a manufacturing / technical / engineering environment
- To hold a relevant health & safety qualification (minimum NEBOSH General Certificate - a degree level qualification is desirable)
- Experience of being responsible for health & safety for a site with a large headcount (200+ staff)
- Experience of working in a standalone role
- Knowledge, and ideally experience, of relevant environmental standards such as and
In return, the health & safety officer will receive a salary of £37,000-£42,000 + pension, private medical, potential quarterly bonus, 35 days of annual leave (in total including Bank Holidays), etc.
If you wish to be considered for the health & safety officer role, please click on the apply button.
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job