£26,165 per annum
Fixed term for 12 months
Full time, 37 hours per week
About the role:
This role is a full time position and will be fixed term for one year.
Our client is determined to provide an exceptional service to all of their customers. As a Home Officer you will be responsible for allocations and lettings including supporting housing through advertising void properties, allocations, and shortlisting for all properties. You will be responsible for delivering key changes to the operational delivery of services including the on lining of key services and processes and changing ways of working to enable their customers to live independently.
To excel in this role, you will have experience in the following:
* Delivering a comprehensive housing service within a social housing environment, to a high standard of customer satisfaction and excellence.
* Understanding of the housing need and local authority nominations.
* A track record of delivering high levels of performance – ideally in an allocations and lettings service environment.
* Knowledge of best practice / innovation in voids and allocations processes.
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Pro-active and self-motivated with a commitment to continuous improvement.
* Effective and efficient case management.
* An ability to undertake work outside of normal office hours to meet the needs of the business and customer.
You will also have:
* Good general education with a minimum of 3 GCSEs grade 9 – 4 (A*-C) including Mathematics and English.
* IT literate in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Possess a current full driving license and use of a car to travel around the district to carry out the duties of the role.
* Good problem-solving skills.
* Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
* A Housing qualification or a willingness to study towards one; this is desirable.
They are always on the lookout for talented individuals to join their team so if you feel that you have that something extra but don’t quite meet all the requirements above, they would still love to hear from you.
Our client is a new social housing provider created in July 2020 through the merger of two social housing providers. By working as one they believe they have a fantastic opportunity to not only meet the housing needs of their communities in Essex and Suffolk but do so much more for their residents.
They are proud to be the largest Community Gateway Association in the country. This makes them different to other housing associations as they encourage their residents to regularly share their insights with them so that they can be actively involved in decisions about their homes and the services they offer.
As a new organisation they have big plans to play their part in challenging the housing crisis. They are looking for passionate and inspiring individuals from all walks of life to join their world and help them achieve the very best for their people, their residents and their communities.
They are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse culture where their people across all ethnicities, genders and lifestyles are respected and valued. Embracing diversity is not only the right thing to do, but it is key to their success, and that’s why they welcome applications from everyone.
They offer a great range of benefits as well as opportunities to learn, develop and collaborate across the organisation. Along with flexible working and a dress for your day office culture they are innovative, in not just the work they do, but the way they work
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job