Homelessness Prevention & Advice Officer (Home Working)
An exciting opportunity has emerged for a Homelessness Prevention and Advice Officer to join one of London's most improved local authority councils in a temporary, on-going assignment. This role is all about supporting clients at risk of becoming homeless to make informed choices about the housing options available to them and meet and resolve their housing needs whilst preventing homelessness.
Our client is based in South London but you will be working from home due to Covid-19. This position will be on the Homelessness Team so our client is looking for highly capable officers who have experience of dealing with Section 21 notices and who possesses strong knowledge of the recent Homelessness Reduction Act. This is a full time post (35 hours per week, Monday to Friday) and the client is keen to recruit candidates with previous experience of:
* Providing an efficient and effective front line service for residents, tenants and leaseholders accessing the Housing Options Service.
* Supporting, coaching and empowering clients to independently assess and manage their own housing situation and make informed choices.
* Delivering a responsive service to clients in housing need by interviewing and investigating household's circumstances in order to determine the best options and resources available.
* Providing a comprehensive debt management advice and support to ensure that housing options available are affordable and sustainable.
* Participating in a duty rota system to interview clients on an emergency and appointments basis, cover the telephone advice helpline service.
* Assessing homeless applications within Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 including cases for acceptance, refusal or referral to other authorities.
* Dealing with social tenant evictions where clients have been given a Section 21 notice by their private landlord. Experience of going to court and challenging evictions would be ideal.
* Negotiating with private landlords and using mediation techniques to resolve conflicts between the landlord and tenant.
Please note, you must have a minimum of twelve months homelessness prevention experience to be considered for this role. An enhanced DBS is also required. No homelessness decision making (writing S184's) is necessary in this post.
Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria and can start in mid/late October 2020 need apply.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://(url removed)/en-gb/candidate-privacy
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job