Homelessness Prevention & Assessment Officer
An exciting opportunity has emerged for a Homelessness Prevention and Assessment Officer to join one of Middlesex's most improved local authority councils in a temporary, on-going assignment. This role is all about enabling service users to make informed choices about the housing options available to them and meet and resolve their housing needs whilst preventing and assessing homelessness.
Based in Uxbridge in North-West London, the position will be on the Homelessness Team so our client is looking for a highly capable officer who ideally has experience making S184 homelessness decisions, or is very strong in prevention and/or assessing. This is a full time post (36 hours per week, Monday to Friday) and the client is keen to recruit a candidate with previous experience of:
* Providing an efficient and effective front line service for residents, tenants and leaseholders accessing the Housing Options Service.
* Supporting, coaching and empowering clients to independently assess and manage their own housing situation and make informed choices.
* Delivering a responsive service to clients in housing need by interviewing and investigating household's circumstances in order to determine the best options and resources available.
* Providing a comprehensive debt management advice and support to ensure that housing options available are affordable and sustainable.
* Participating in a duty rota system to interview clients on an emergency and appointments basis, cover the telephone advice helpline service.
* Assessing homeless applications within Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 including cases for acceptance, refusal or referral to other authorities.
* Making decisions on where homeless households will be placed into temporary accommodation.
Please note, you must have strong knowledge and experience (minimum two years) of the recent Homelessness Reduction Act to be considered for this role. Applicants with expertise in single homeless and rough sleeping would be ideal from our client's perspective as this is a key client group that you would be working closely with.
Only applicants who feel they meet the above criteria, are happy to work in our client's Uxbridge office during the pandemic and can telephone interview at short notice need apply for this post.
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://(url removed)/en-gb/candidate-privacy
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job