HR Advisor part-time
- Category: Recruitment
- Location: Suffolk Bury St. Edmunds
- Date: 1 week ago
RSM East Anglia - Bury St Edmunds with occasional travel to Cambridge and Ipswich
This is role is being offered on a 3 day per week contract. Working days and hours are flexible.
Overall job purpose
Working as a key member the Central Regional HR team, you will provide a commercial HR service to East Anglia offices. Based in the Bury St Edmunds office, you will manage the HR service delivery for Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge and Ipswich offices and will be expected to travel to your cluster offices on a regular basis. You will also provide support to the Regional HR Manager by providing an HR Service for national lines based in your offices, as well as contributing to the on-going development of the National HR function and HR within the region.
This role will work closely with three other HR Advisors in the region and supported by the central HR administrative team and Regional Recruitment Advisor.
The remit of the role will focus on proactive HR support and advice to your client groups, completion of annual salary review for your offices, coordination and attraction of student recruitment, provision of management information/analysis delivery of learning and development initiatives and employee relations issues as they arise.
Reasonable travel to other regional offices will be required.
Partner Support and Line Management Development
- Provide support and guidance in a proactive and commercial manner to the Office Managing Partner and Department Heads in managing their area of responsibility and its on-going development
- Undertake line management coaching sessions (both individual and group) regarding performance management, grievances, disciplinary, absence management, coaching skills, appraisals etc.
- Work with National Training contacts to provide feedback regarding individual/team training needs analysis and action plans; have regular meetings with Regional Training contacts to discuss trends and o/s needs
Compensation and Benefits
- Manage annual salary review process for your client groups and report to Regional HR Manager.
- Ensure all correspondence and administration is distributed in a timely way by liaison with the CA Team administrator and to line managers regionally
- Utilise Keypad data and other market rate information to provide guidance to line managers; report trends and market movements to National HR team/rewards and benefits specialist
- Undertake any local actions required for harmonization of terms and conditions
- Ensure all offers of employment / contractual terms are in line with national policy
Performance Management / Exit
- Provide advice and guidance to the Partners and Managers to support them in dealing with difficult performance issues up to compromise agreement stage (with approval from Regional HR Manager)
- Ensure that legal and firm requirements are met and risk managed commercially
- Undertake redundancy, disciplinary and grievances investigations
- Provide advice to line managers regarding complex occupational health/potential PHI cases
Recruitment and selection
- Manage recruitment for your client group, working closely with the Recruitment Advisor for the region, advise and assist with the appropriate selection techniques for vacancies within your client group
- Manage the local graduate recruitment program in conjunction with the Student Recruitment team - including running of assessment centres, interviewing graduates and the management of relationships with universities/other key stakeholders, and attendance at careers fairs
Policies and Procedures
- Provide advice on the application of all policies and procedures, ensuring a fair and consistent approach is always applied.
- Take part in national projects as required
- Take part in or lead on-going local projects e.g. performance management, talent management etc.
- Take part in or work independently on regional projects
- Make full use of the HR system to identify and deliver regular reporting to Regional HR Manager as well as the Partners and Managers e.g. absence trends, recruitment sources and costings, retention etc.
Induction and Exit Procedures
- Ensure that an appropriate local induction program is put together for every joiner and review 3 monthly feedback (with advice to line managers about changes/improvements)
- Conduct exit interview's where required
- Review exit interview feedback and work with line managers to identify trends and areas for future action
MaternityProvide advice and guidance to individuals, Partners and Managers regarding legal requirements and firm's policy in the event of
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job