Are you passionate about supporting others? Do you want to make a difference to the lives of people with fluctuating mental health and wellbeing?
Title: Information Worker
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £21,748 - £24,982 (SCP 11-18) per annum
Contract: 12 Months Fixed
Holidays: 28 days plus bank holidays (per annum)
Pension: Auto-enrolment scheme in place
Accountable to: Information Service Coordinator
Place of work: 2 Kings Meadow, Osney Mead, Oxford, OX2 0DP
About Oxfordshire Mind
We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We’re here to make sure anyone with a mental health problem has somewhere to turn for advice and support; in total over 20,000 people in Oxfordshire access our services each year. With one in four people experiencing a mental health problem at some point in their lives, people need Mind more than ever. Our work includes:
* The Transitional Supported Housing Recovery Service (part of the Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnership).
* The TalkingSpace Plus psychological therapy service in partnership with Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust.
* The Oxfordshire Mind Wellbeing Service, which is part of both the TalkingSpace Plus and Oxfordshire Mental Health Partnerships and includes:
- Four Wellbeing Centres throughout the county
- Public Wellbeing & Information Services
- Physical Activity and Wellbeing
- Benefits for Better Mental Health, a welfare benefits advice service
- Volunteering and Peer Support Opportunities
- Two Safe Havens
- Primary Care
- Children and Young people’s Project
- Family Solutions Plus Project
- Mental Wealth Academy
* Raising awareness and campaigning activity.
We employ over 100 staff and operate in 28 locations around the county.
What are we looking for?
Working for the Oxfordshire Mind Information Service will give you the chance to improve the lives of Oxfordshire people struggling with their mental health.
This fast-paced environment will see you support clients into accessing Oxfordshire Mind Services or finding out about other appropriate services in Oxfordshire. You will need strong interpersonal skills, perform well on the phone, and deliver high quality level customer service.
You will have excellent problem-solving skills, an ability to work under pressure and to support clients with a variety of needs. You will need to be mindful of your own wellbeing and have the resilience to cope with fluctuating demands. This is an exciting and important role within the organisation. The team is small and friendly but integral to the running of our services county wide. It will give you the scope to develop and grow within Oxfordshire Mind.
Closing Date: Sunday 29th November 2020
Interview Date: 4th December 2020
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please click 'Apply' to be redirected to our website, where you can complete your application online. Please note, you are not applying at this stage.
No agencies please
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job