Brighton College has an exciting opportunity to join the School as an Invigilator. You will join the college on a casual basis to work throughout the year, and in return you will receive a competitive hourly rate of £10 per hour.
General duties and responsibilities of our Invigilator:
- Support the Lead Invigilator, Examinations and Assessment Officer in ensuring the exam room meets awarding body requirements by checking alongside the Lead Invigilator, prior to the arrival of the candidates, that: The centre number and a reliable clock of readable size are visible to each candidate - The Warning to Candidates is displayed outside the exam room. The Notice to Candidates is displayed outside the exam room There is a copy of the JCQ ‘Instructions for Conducting Examinations’ booklet clearly visible at the front of the room. Seating plans are displayed in the exam room and on the exams noticeboard
- Maintain the security of the exam both before and after the exam, including exam scripts
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that: The correct exam papers are issued to candidates. Candidates take into the exam room only those articles, instruments or materials which are expressly permitted and to ensure NO mobile phones/MP3 players/ electronic devices or watches are present in the exam room
- Ensure late candidates are briefed, seated and allowed to partake in the exam with minimum fuss and to record and report incidents of malpractice to the Lead Invigilator immediately
- Know the actions to be taken in the event of an emergency such as a fire alarm, bomb alert or lockdown
- At the end of the exam, to organise the collection of all scripts and to ensure that candidates have completed all required details on their script prior to dismissing candidates from the exam room and to assist the Exams Officer with the despatch of scripts.
What we’re looking for in our Invigilator:
- Reliable and punctual
- Well-organised and meticulous, with great accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to follow regulations and work to predetermined instructions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to relate effectively to both staff and pupils
- Interest in working in a school environment and supporting pupils at an important time of their school career
Benefits of becoming our Invigilator include:
- Significantly subsidised gym membership for the School of Science and Sport is available, which includes access to a variety of exercise classes (including spin, circuits and yoga) and use of the gym and swimming pool
- Complimentary lunch is provided during term time
- Job specific Learning and Development programme available to all employees
- Life Cover is provided whilst working at Brighton College after successfully passing probation period
- Brighton College provides a contributory pension scheme, which all eligible employees will be automatically enrolled into within 3 months of commencement of employment
- Well-being programme including: healthy heart checks, access to books, magazines and DVDs from the College Library and English Language classes
- Sodexo Lifestyle Saving Programme
Hours: This is a zero hours contract. Hours will vary depending on requirements. The post-holder must be available throughout the year, including the summer months.
Closing date for Invigilator applications: Midday on Friday 27th November 2020.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this role then please click ‘apply’ now! We would love to hear from you!
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job