IT Security Operations Engineer
As part of our ongoing growth here at Smart, we are looking to hire a Security Operations Manager to help look after our London, Javea, Nashville and near-shore engineering offices.
Covering an organization of approximately 350 people, as part of the Smart IT and Security team, you will manage our Security Operations, but will also require hands on Security Analyst skills as our team is currently relatively small.
- Manage a team of security analysts, and 3rd party service providers.
- Manage incident reporting and escalation processes.
- Assist with compliance reporting and auditing processes.
- Report on SOC performance metrics.
- Manage continuous improvement of SOC processes.
- Develop and maintain systems for security monitoring, logging, and auditing (SIEM, EDR, CASB etc.).
- Perform security / vulnerability scans and manage resolution of detected threats.
- Penetration testing of both applications and infrastructure.
- Assessment of software products for security compliance.
- Conduct periodic user access control checks.
- Ensure security patches are applied in a timely manner.
- Security incident response management.
- Assess technical controls and identify areas of improvement.
- Awareness of new and emerging security threats.
- Maintain and improve existing applications & policies.
- Improve and maintain existing network infrastructure, including AWS.
- Provide input into the evaluation, design, implementation and documentation of IT security projects.
- Follow all company security procedures.
- Ensure that computer equipment is fit for purpose and that users are set up according to Health and Safety at work laws.
At Smart, we're a diverse team, made up of people from different backgrounds, experiences and skills. Our goal is to build great products to help people plan for their financial futures. We’re constantly developing new ideas to help people look after their pension schemes, in the UK and abroad. We’ve grown to a team of over 300 talented people, all dedicated to creating the best experience for our customers. Recently we made it onto Great Places to Work UK's Best Workplaces 2020 at the no.70 spot for medium-sized companies! If you think you can help us build a smarter future, come and work with us.
If you have any questions about how we store your data you can view our updated recruitment data policy.
- Experience of managing a SOC and security analysts.
- Experience of IT security (SIEM, CASB, PAM, MDM, EDR etc.) and networking.
- Experience of working within an ISMS (ISO27001) and awareness of GDPR regulations.
- Experience of IT security project deployments.
- Either a degree or an HND. Qualifications related to IT or Computer Science are preferred.
- Previous technical documentation writing - beneficial.
- AWS, GSuite - beneficial
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal Communication is a must, you will be dealing with people at all times.
- Problem Solving, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, Teamwork and Attention to detail, are all required.
- Comfortable working under pressure.
- Able to meet goals.
- £500 personal training budget to spend on books, courses, conferences or training materials to help you develop.
- Health Insurance (via EquipsMe) including Dental, Eyecare and EAP.
- Death in Service via Unum (4 x Base Salary).
- Season ticket loans.
- 5 week sabbatical after 5 years.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays. 1 extra day holiday after 2 years and then every year up to a max of 30 days holiday.
- Free nails and barbers once a month.
- Massage twice a month (only £5 for all employees) with the money going to Smart's Charity.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity (maternity - 6 months fully paid / paternity - 3 weeks fully paid).
- Access to PerkBox.
- Access to Smart Rewards.
- Pension scheme via salary sacrifice. Smart Pension will match your contributions up to 5% of your salary.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Smart Pension employees also enjoy a 30% discount on orders from our sister company Arena Flowers, Britain's most ethical florist. They offer unique hand-tied bouquets, luxury flowers, letterbox flowers, plants and gifts to spend on friends and loved ones or even for yourself.
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job