IT Support Apprentice
About the company:
Express Bi Folding Doors is the UK's Leading bespoke aluminium glazing manufacturer. Our product portfolio boasts a wide range of systems from Bi Folding Doors, Sliding Doors, Windows, Lean too roofs, skylights and much much more. From design through to Installation Express are proud to have a full in house Team to give you peace of mind your project will be looked after from start to finish.
Founded in 2007 as a father and son business, Express Bi Folding Doors has become a Nation wide organisation. With a new 50,000 square ft factory and showrooms up and down the Country spreading from Redhill in Surrey to East Kilbride in Glasgow you will be sure to find what you are looking for to give your property the wow factor.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Express Bi-Folding Doors, an Architecture & Planning based in Leeds.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
* Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs
* Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level
* Installs software and installs and repairs hardware and peripherals
* Tests programs
* Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate
* Maintains systems, databases and web pages
* Administers user accounts
* Sets up and submits production jobs and edits and debugs computer output
* Transfers computer files between platforms
* Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems
* Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns
* Arranges for distribution of output to customer
* Maintains records
* Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
* Time management
* Procedure oriented approach
* Documentation skills
* Organisational skills
* Taking ownership and responsibility
* Able to demonstrate logical thinking
* Ability to solve problems
* Customer focused approach
* Ability to work with people at all levels
* Good communication skills and a professional attitude
* Willingness to learn and develop
* Ability to work on own initiative
* Ability to work as part of a team
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
Business Processes & Customer Services
Networking & Architecture
Mobile & Operating Systems
Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job