IT Technician Apprentice
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Hampshire Petersfield
- Date: 1 month ago
PETA Training are proud to be working with this company, looking to source an exceptional Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprentice for their organisation.
Working week: Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 16:00, Friday 08:00 - 15:30 (37 hours per week)
* Assist with the repair and maintenance of staff and student devices such as tablets, laptops and mobile
* Assist the Network Support Team in resolving hardware and software faults as reported through the ICT Helpdesk
* Log calls on the ICT Helpdesk and solve any tickets assigned to you in the ICT Helpdesk
* Work with all staff and students to resolve issues as efficiently and effectively as possible including printer issues, data projectors, student passwords and printer credits
* Assist with the installation and application of software licences
* Carry out regular health checks on hardware and software
* Undertake regular in-house training to become certified to carry out repairs on all devices
* Ensure effective safeguarding procedures are in place and continually monitored
* Any other reasonable request from the Line Manager or the School Principal
* Attend departmental meetings and other meetings as required
* Take part in any necessary training and accreditation
* Take part in performance management reviews
* Will oversee the school iPad fleet, and ensure iPads are charged and ready for any bookings and to assist with the upkeep of the school iPad fleet, and ensure they are updated when necessary
* We will need to undertake a DBS (formally CRB) check
* A basic understanding of computer hardware and an ability to diagnose minor faults and recite where possible
* Knowledge of various software and hardware
* Good listening and communication skills
* Teamwork - The Network Support Team is a small service team reacting to the needs of the school and the members need to work well together.
* There is particulate responsibility to maintain a high standard of health and safety, in order to ensure that pupils and staff are protected from various hazards.
* Good Interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and explain technical information in a clear and simple way
* Methodical and organised
* Good attention to detail
* Reliable and trustworthy
* A good sense of humour
* GCSE Maths and English grades A* - C (4 - 9) or Functional Skills Level 2
* 20 days paid holiday and 8 statutory days holiday
* Free on-site car parking
* Company Pension Scheme upon completion of the probation
* At the end of the apprenticeship, if there is a role for a FT Technician then you would be suitable for this role.
Training to be provided:
Throughout the duration of the Apprenticeship you will be required to attend one of PETA training centres for off-the- job training. The majority of training will be completed with your employer at your place of work.
You will be completing the Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
When applying for a job, do not provide bank account details or any other financial information. Never make any form of payment. WhatJobs is not responsible for any external website content. Report this job